Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Billstein HDs from Shockwarehouse based mostly on recos on this board. I placed the order at the end of April and still don't have them. I've received nothing more than the email confirmation of the order. It wasn't until 10 days passed and I went to check the status online and they were backordered, scheduled to ship in 2 days. A week longer, no word...check online..backorder date pushed back..still no email. Another week...called them directly...they should be getting in Monday and will ship. Since then, I've left two messages on the status and have heard nothing.

Anyone else have any issues with the speed their order was filled?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I waited a long time for my HD's. They were also backordered when I left messages Shock wharehouse retured my call wihtin the hour. Calling Bilstein direct on the other hand is a whole different story they keep you on hold forever and just traansfer you around until you hang up. Maybe shock wharehouse is having the same problem. Trust me when you get them on it will be well worth the wait. The armada is the wifes vehicle but everytime I drive it I'M smiling ear to ear. good luck

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Seems they are always on backorder with these things. I know a lot of people have waited, including myself. But when I ordered them, I called and spoke to an SW rep... they told me they were on backorder, and told me when I could expect shipment. They did ship them on the estimated shipping date.

If they are not meeting your estimated shipping date, I suspect they are having some issues getting them as well, and are not giving you the runaround on purpose.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I also ordered mine a few weeks ago, on a Saturday. Monday I got a call from Shock Warehouse telling me they were backordered by Bilstein, and they expected to receive them on or about May 10. On the May 12 got another call telling me they had received them, and that they would be shipping that day. They arrived the following week, on May 19. Got them installed over the weekend. I'm very satisfied with Shock Warehouse, they kept me informed throughout the entire process. I'll buy from them again.

Keith

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
backorder

My 1500s are backordered untill the 31st. There is a link on the e-mail you received from them to check status of shipping.

CW

·
Supporting Vendor
70 Posts
Well first of all we apologize for the miscommunication.

But I would like to ask the board and specifically the members who thrash us up here.

Do you realize we do not charge anyone's credit card until the order is shipped (This excludes people who pay by Paypal. We have no control over that payment system)? So what that means is we derive no benefit from holding your orders. We do not make any money this way. I love to tell you we get some intrinsic benefit from people buying shocks like we made your car safer and that is great but we are here to make money. In some cases we gain some technical knowledge from the members but in most cases we are business to make money so products being on backorder are not fun.

He is 100% correct. We can't win. Dates change as many AS THREE TIMES A WEEK. If we call and email and keep telling you different ship dates then you will go up here and post - "Shockwarehouse is screwing with me they keep lying." Or JS MULL might post DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM" So what we do instead is the moment the backorder products hit the warehouse, the moment I tell you we go into overdrive in the warehouse. Every able bodied member of Shockwarehouse gets out there and boxes and ships shocks so the orders get there maybe a day earlier. If you would like we can take our time, call you, email you and tell you they will go tomorrow. Or we can ship you the darn shocks, ASAP.

Do you think we like to spend time defending ourselves on message boards, being berated by phone calls and emails on backorders? Do you know that right now Bilstein who makes the best shocks in the world have SIXTY FOUR Part numbers on backorder? Yeah 64 and not minor part numbers either major truck shocks. Believe Titan Talk and Clubtitanmembers you are not the only ones. The employees here at Shockwarehouse bust there butt to deliver the best customer service they can. But with dates changing all the time it is hard to make judgment calls on who and when to notify because again it is a no-win situation.

JSMull with regard to your post about us being a joke. We personally apologize. You have every right to go up here and post what you want. But I will tell you this. The margins in the auto parts business are small. Once we give you the forum discount we hardly and in some cases make any money. And sometimes after reading your post we look at these forums and go "Why do we do this? We make little money, people stand behind a blind call sign and berate us, and we spend time writing and defending ourselves over what? Because our manufacturers change the backorder dates. Understand if we do not have the part nobody else does. There are no alternatives. So go ahead and pay more money to a company that does not support the Titan boards and is a little more expensive if that gives you peace of mind. But you will not get shocks a day earlier from that company.

At the end of the day we apologize for the miscommunication. But we will not apologize for manufacturers who are located overseas and change the dates on us. We sell quality performance brands at low prices.

PLEASE CALL US We have an 800 number. It would have been a lot easier to explain this to you over the phone. Believe me when you have 64 major parts on backorder and over a thousand customers waiting on parts it helps us too. As you can imagine calling and emailing 1000 people a week can be difficult with people not answering there phone and people ignoring opening their order updates via email.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
...As you can imagine calling and emailing 1000 people a week can be difficult with people not answering there phone and people ignoring opening their order updates via email.
Sounds like you might consider automating some of that. The complaints that I'm reading are more over a lack of communication more than the delay itself... Most any type of Communication can be automated.... Thank you for posting a response.. :)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
The way I read this thread, outside of the original poster, nobody complained about your service.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
The way I read this thread, outside of the original poster, nobody complained about your service.
There are other complaints on other forum(s) and this was a blanket response copied across... ;) Bilstein being behind on production builds alot of pressure in the industry... They are not the best shock available but they are definitely the best bang for the buck and the demand-vs-supply shows it.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Bilsteins

For the folk at Bilstein. 95% of the info on the Titan and Armada boards is high praise. Both the 1500s and the HDs get the job done, the members that order them just get revved up to get them on their trucks. I already want my rims and I won't order them till Xmass. Everyone be cool it will be worth the wait.

CW

By the way I am not an enployee of Bilstein. :D

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like you might consider automating some of that. The complaints that I'm reading are more over a lack of communication more than the delay itself... Most any type of Communication can be automated.... Thank you for posting a response.. :)
I agree with Pops. I wasn't as worried about the ultiple delays as much as the lack of communication. I had to change my service appointment a number of times. I'm very happy with the value, and it appears you shipped very quickly once they arrived from Billstein.

I'd suggest you put a comment/disclaimer on the Billstein product pages that informs customers that Billstein products are often backorder and can be delayed. That way we know beforehand. Also, to the extent the backorder dates change, an email update would be helpful. Finally, when I reached someone live the first time they were helpful, but when I left 2 messages neither were returned. I wasn't berating your company or being hostile, just asking for an update.

I look forward to having my new Billsteins installed and look forward to doing more business in the future.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I'm still waiting on shockwarehouse to get back to me about an order. I asked for an eta, since there is no in-stock information on the site or order status, and got an email that it is on b/o until 6/30, so I asked to cancel and see if I can't find elsewhere. After 3 emails to cancel, no response. Their site would be a heck of a lot better if it showed stock and/or eta for more product and expected ship dates. Anyone know of another supplier for the Bilsteins? I do appreciate that they are a forum sponsor and offer a discount, but their website stinks and they aren't responding. If I have to pay another 10% for good service, I'm happy to do it.

·
Supporting Vendor
70 Posts
I'm still waiting on shockwarehouse to get back to me about an order. I asked for an eta, since there is no in-stock information on the site or order status, and got an email that it is on b/o until 6/30, so I asked to cancel and see if I can't find elsewhere. After 3 emails to cancel, no response. Their site would be a heck of a lot better if it showed stock and/or eta for more product and expected ship dates. Anyone know of another supplier for the Bilsteins? I do appreciate that they are a forum sponsor and offer a discount, but their website stinks and they aren't responding. If I have to pay another 10% for good service, I'm happy to do it.
PM me with your order number and which email you've been trying to contact, I'll handle it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts