Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Banks exhaust on an Armada? I know there are a few Titans out there that have it (my dad is one). I was wondering if anyone put one on an Armada or have one already on.
I have put on many Borla and Gibson, but I like the sound of the Banks (just my personal opinion).
If so where did you get it and how much? Any gains on HP and gas mileage?
Just wanted to know before I go "balls deep" on this.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an application but I am waiting for a response directly from Banks. I thought posting this would help me in finding out some more information.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Banks had a system for the Armada, but withdrew it from the market because of very bad drone. I don't think they offer a system for the Armada at this time.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Banks System In My Armada

Click on the post below I entered about a year ago after I installed the Banks / Titan system in my Armada.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550&page=1&pp=10

Just last week, I changed out the original Banks / Titan muffler to the longer muffler that comes with the Toyota Tundra system. The Banks muffler for the Titan is 16" long while the Tundra muffler is 24" long. I talked to Jeff at Banks customer service about the drone at lower highway speeds below 80mph. That's the whole reason they didn't pursue a dedicated Armada system. There's less drone in the Titan because the muffler is under the bed seperate from the cab. The muffler in the Armada sits under the whole cabin so the drone is prominent. I asked him if I can buy the longer 24" Banks muffler alone from the Tundra system and he said "yes". I took it to my local muffler shop and in order to get it to fit, they had to do away with the clamps and cut the inlet and outlet pipe closer to the can and weld it on. With the longer Banks muffler, it's a lot quieter and at any highway speeds. From a dead stop it ROARS like it did with the shorter muffler at moderate to heavy acceleration. With light acceleration it's quiet but you can hear it's there. I'm definately satisfied now with the sound of power on the outside and at the same time have a quieter ride in the cabin at freeway speeds. When I first got my Banks system, it was installed by my dealer and they customized the pipe from the muffler to the exhaust tip because it's originally made to go over the Titan's solid rear axle. I have pics on the original thread above. I included pics on this thread with the longer Banks muffler from the Tundra system and took shots of the customized rear section to go over the Mada's independent rear suspension. I also put on a different 3" chrome tip instead of the huge 5" tip that came with the original Banks system. My dealers general manager has one on his Armada with the huge 5" tip and when looking at the rear of the Armada, your eye is drawn to the tip first. It's also installed at too steep of an angle and spoils the rear look of the Mada'. The first picture below is the original Banks / Titan muffler and the rest is with the Banks / Tundra muffler.
Check back later and I'll post a video with sound of the Banks / Armada system in a seperate thread.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.