Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any "tower's" out there have a battery isolator solution for the armada? My old dodge PU was easy... add a second battery under the hood with one of those isolator boxes. My current setup has 2 batteries on the trailer and having to disconnect when camped is a hassel. I don't want to accidentaly forget in an extended primitive camping situation and drain all 3 batteries.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
If you have the Big Tow package and are getting the trailer power from the trailer plug you don't have to worry about it. The 12 volt power at the plug is controlled by a relay, and it opens when the Armada key is off so your trailer can't drain the car battery. The trailer batteries will be charged by the Armada when it is running.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scr38 said:
If you have the Big Tow package and are getting the trailer power from the trailer plug you don't have to worry about it. The 12 volt power at the plug is controlled by a relay, and it opens when the Armada key is off so your trailer can't drain the car battery. The trailer batteries will be charged by the Armada when it is running.

How do you know if you have the BIG TOW package? I have a "tow" package with hitch, altenator, etc. no mirrors though. If what you are telling me is true then COOL, its already there. Is there a way to visually verify the relay? Thank you very much for the info!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
LaWnDaRt said:
How do you know if you have the BIG TOW package? I have a "tow" package with hitch, altenator, etc. no mirrors though. If what you are telling me is true then COOL, its already there. Is there a way to visually verify the relay? Thank you very much for the info!
If you have the hitch from the factory you probably have the Big Tow package. Do you have a gauge for transmission temp? If so, you have the big tow. You can also look in the relay box under the hood, back of the battery. See the attached drawing. The relay I am talking about is Trailer Tow 2.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scr38 said:
If you have the hitch from the factory you probably have the Big Tow package. Do you have a gauge for transmission temp? If so, you have the big tow. You can also look in the relay box under the hood, back of the battery. See the attached drawing. The relay I am talking about is Trailer Tow 2.
Yep, I have the guage. Seems I have nothing to worry about, thanks again for the help and the drawing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.