Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Glad I found this. I'm having the issue on my 2020 Armada. It wasn't starting a couple times before warranty. Took it in at 35,500 miles to get oil change, told them about it, and told them to look it over since warranty almost over. Now of course with 37,500 miles it won't start often, and the code comes up. The dealership looked and looked and finally think its the starter and want $1,200. After arguing with them, dealership told me they can't do anything for price that I will have to pay for it. I have a report filed with 1800-Nissan1 so hopefully they will give me a good faith repair but I'm not holding my breath. I even said, you aren't completely sure what's wrong but they did say the starter does stick, so that's the first step. I'm thinking of trying to swap out the brake and cruise control sensor if nissan won't good faith repair my starter. I will definitely not be going to the dealership to have them repair anything unless nissan covers it. I know next to nothing about cars. I can put gas in the car, and change a battery(although not so sure about some of these new cars!!!), would this be an easy change for me? I did watch a couple videos and took the sensor's out of the car, and then put them back in, I'm guessing this isn't all that hard!? Thanks so much!!!

Thanks for the timely info, I am going to replace the switch this weekend.
How did it work for you? So far so good?!

· Registered
4 Posts
Try to remote start it with the fob... when my brake switch failed, it would always start remotely... that should rule out the starter...
Great idea!! I will try it next time! Thanks!

All went well, it's very easy. Just give it a 1/4 turn to get it in and out. I haven't seen the 'BCI Malfunction' warning show up since. Here's where I bought it from, it came to $45 shipped:

2003-2020 Nissan Stoplamp Switch 25320-AX10A | Nissan Parts Plus
Great, thanks so much!!! Also when the BCI Malfunction came on, it wouldn't let me use my cruise control. Should I purchase one of those too?

· Registered
4 Posts
Try to remote start it with the fob... when my brake switch failed, it would always start remotely... that should rule out the starter...
Well, it happened again yesterday, and low and behold, the remote starter started it right up! When I got home (drove for about 15 min) I pulled into the garage and tried restarting after I turned it off, and it wouldn't turn back on. I'm still waiting to hear from the 800-Nissan1 representative to see if they will fix it, but I am planning to buy the brake lamp switch from O'Reilly today after work. I gave her the Sku number for the one listed from someone else. It came back with Import Direct and sku number of 18-1843 for $25. Should I buy that one, or just order the one for 50 online?

· Registered
4 Posts
It's hard to tell if that is the revised design (whatever that may be) or the old design. Might be worth the extra few bucks to just be done with the problem.
Thank you. I ordered it online. I wasn't too concerned about the price, just more the fact I could get it taken care of sooner and not have to wait for the delivery! Thanks so much for everyone's help! Hopefully this fixes me up and I'm good to go!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.