Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have had the same issues with our Nissan Armada Platinum 2017 BCI light malfunction comes on and off intermittently had at dealership three separate times. 1st was could not replicate so no fix. Second time was replace side radar on Left hand side, Third time car was there over a week and result was replace curtain air bag module and ADAS Control Unit. Got car back and less than two hours backing out of driveway light comes back on!!!!! very frustrating :mad::mad::mad::mad:will ask them if they can replace the brake switch as per several other threads suggest here. find it hard to believe they don't have a database with this info. thanks PacS14 will hopefully get this resolved once and for all. Please let us know if your situation is no longer occurring? I think the dealership are charging the manufacturer Nissan for fairly significant repairs just thank ful this has been under warranty but mileage is getting close so want this is issue gone.....

we have had the same issues with our Nissan Armada Platinum 2017 BCI light malfunction comes on and off intermittently had at dealership three separate times. 1st was could not replicate so no fix. Second time was replace side radar on Left hand side, Third time car was there over a week and result was replace curtain air bag module and ADAS Control Unit. Got car back and less than two hours backing out of driveway light comes back on!!!!! very frustrating :mad::mad::mad::mad:will ask them if they can replace the brake switch as per several other threads suggest here. find it hard to believe they don't have a database with this info. thanks PacS14 will hopefully get this resolved once and for all. Please let us know if your situation is no longer occurring? I think the dealership are charging the manufacturer Nissan for fairly significant repairs just thank ful this has been under warranty but mileage is getting close so want this is issue gone.....
will add that we did not have the car not starting issues others had fortunately!!! My mileage is at 33k just need this fixed before warranty expiration!

·
Registered
9 Posts
will add that we did not have the car not starting issues others had fortunately!!! My mileage is at 33k just need this fixed before warranty expiration!
Unfortunately the DIY repair did not last, that's it, I'm not throwing more money at it, specially since the dealership can't figure out what is actually causing that light to go off and these brake light switches are not lasting. I installed the new brake light switch and problem was fixed again, this time this truck is going to be trade it in. Already told the wife and she's not happy about the truck being a POS either, so she is on board with the trade in for a Land cruiser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately the DIY repair did not last, that's it, I'm not throwing more money at it, specially since the dealership can't figure out what is actually causing that light to go off and these brake light switches are not lasting. I installed the new brake light switch and problem was fixed again, this time this truck is going to be trade it in. Already told the wife and she's not happy about the truck being a POS either, so she is on board with the trade in for a Land cruiser.
So the brake light switch is not the issue? I hope you answer in time! I have a appointment at nissan at 730 this morning to have that changed out! Uhhh this is so frustrating! I needed a good SUV cause sometimes I have my grandbabies and I like to take them on trips and when it's just me and my grandbabies I don't need to be stuck on the side of the road. Can you imagine a women and 3 toddlers stuck at a gas station in a different town! I was so excited when I bought it I thought it was so pretty and sharp looking and the things it can do and like I said I used my savings to buy it! It's just heartbreaking that for once I had something to be proud off and saved for a very long time! Cant believe my 08 Toyota Tundra runs great and has close to 200 thousand miles on it and never had a issue like this!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
For those who had their brake light switch replaced but still keep failing, do you still have the paperwork from nissan? I'm curious about the part number since the brake light switch was already superseded. Wonder if they are using the the newer one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well unfortunately I am part of this BCI Malfunction club. We purchased a 2018 Armada with 23,000 miles and after only 1 week have had issues with the car not starting, being stuck in park, and now this BCI malfunction. I am amazed that after reading all these post's Nissan North America has not already addressed and have a solution they can provide to their service centers for this issue. I am scheduling an appointment with the dealer to fix this issue. Any recommendations on what we should specifically being telling service to get this fixed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue too in my 2017 . Three times into the dealer , first they said it was dirt on a sensor, second they changed the brake switch , third time , they couldn't reproduce. Fourth time around I went straight to the Service Director, I requested a Master Tech from Nissan , and I went really rough on the service advisors . I was ready to start a Lemon claim because of this crap.
Finally they took the car in for 4 days. They were communicating back and forth with Nissan. They did a lot of testing and the final recommendation from Nissan was to retighten some cables behind the Fuse Box, review and replace connectors down there if needed. It's been a about a year since this , and the problem has been gone for good !!! This might help someone with the same issue, tell your dealer to review nissan bulletins, to get a Master Tech , something as simple as a misaligned plug , or a loose cable will not throw a code , and it seems that is the cause of the problem . Hope this info helps some fellow owners !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Add another to the long list of bci problems. Ours first reared it’s head by not starting with the push button. Then sometimes it wouldn’t shift out of park. And then sometimes it will flash the bci light and fill up the dash. Now it will hardly ever start with the push button. Been starting it with the remote start which always works.
How can there not be a recall on this??

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
Easy to understand. Thousands of thousands of these cars on the streets . 15-20 people out of thousands posting on a forum that’s designed to help others in trouble/looking for answers. Maybe its not that big of a deal in the nissan corporate world, even though on this enthusiasts site, it seems like a massive world wide issue.

Maybe they will come through after a while (some will remember the brake delta stroke sensor) when more people have to complain about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After further internet searching, this goes back 8 plus years with multiple Nissan models with push button start. Never mind about the recall, they’ve probably had thousands of these problems. They clearly can’t fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined to the forum to inform you all that the BCI thing happened to my wife’s 2017 Armada. It happened 2-3 times, I changed the battery of the key 3 months ago and it hasn’t happened again.

You lose nothing but 5 mins and $5 by giving it a shot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined to the forum to inform you all that the BCI thing happened to my wife’s 2017 Armada. It happened 2-3 times, I changed the battery of the key 3 months ago and it hasn’t happened again.

You lose nothing but 5 mins and $5 by giving it a shot.
I had this happen in March took it to dealership they replaced the sensor and various other things. I have a 2017 bought new it had 14,000 miles on it then. It just happen again 20,500 miles so back to the dealership we go. Zero problems in between it just comes out of no where

We had the same proble
Add another to the long list of bci problems. Ours first reared it’s head by not starting with the push button. Then sometimes it wouldn’t shift out of park. And then sometimes it will flash the bci light and fill up the dash. Now it will hardly ever start with the push button. Been starting it with the remote start which always works.
How can there not be a recall on this??
I have had the same problem s with my 2017 we bought new. Problem started with 14,000 miles this past March. No problems until Friday and they have just snow balled. It has 20,450 miles now. First thing I noticed was the usb behind the 4 wheel drive controls stopped working. Later in the day the traction control light came on when I turned it off. The traction control light stayed on as well as the traction control light and the tow truck symbol. Turn it off and on a few times it went away happened again the next day. Today while the car was running the traction control and tow truck light came on follow by the BCi and I could not get my car out of park. Turned it off and on again several times so kids and I could just get home. Back to the dealership.

The dealer repaired it under warranty, all good
Good luck 2017 with 20,450 miles currently. At 14,000 it happened repaired at dealership and now it’s back!! So frustrating. Then it’s so hard to get a loaner to fit my family. They want to put me in a versa? if we could fit in one we wouldn’t have a big car.

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
You can reach out to nissan directly if you want an official response.

There seems to be a faulty part . It happens on mass produced items. There does not seem to be a recall so if you suspect you have an issue , you should go to a Nissan\infiniti dealer and have them take a look.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I'll add to this. I have the same problem on my '18 Platinum Reserve. Dealer basically said to turn off-on to reset. Happens every week or two. Seems to happen when I approach an automatic gate or door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took mine to Boulder, CO dealer service center. Master mechanic came out and looked at while I was there. Lights were all up on the dash and I didn't turn off the car. He said he had dealt with it a few times before on the same car. Here's a copy of what they replace. Replaced the stop lamp switch and everything is working well now. hopefully it doesn't return.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the second time, my Armada is in the shop. It drives fine, I leave it for some time, then come back and it won't start. The dashboard flashes very briefly, but nothing happens. The first time the service guys ran every test and could not duplicate... so pushed it off as a fluke! This second time, I had 1 guy try to jump me and still nothing. Then after he left, I attempted to start it again. I heard a pop and then got the clicking as I tried to start it. Finally got it started with roadside assistance and took it straight to Nissan. Once again, they are not finding anything. All tests are being passed. I AM AT A LOSS. One service guy mentioned that there could be a faulty brake switch, apparently this is the 18 or 19th Armada seeing this problem.

ANYONE SEEING THIS PROBLEM. Ridiculous I have to try and fix my own truck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well add another BCI malfunction + other issues. We have a 2018 Armada Platinum with 28k miles. In June the BCI malfunction occurred but we also lost power while driving on the highway. Pulled over and restarted, took to the dealership (visit 1), they cleared the code and returned the vehicle to us. In July it happened again, BCI and loss of power, back to the dealers (visit 2). This time they had the vehicle from 10 July all the way to 28 August. They installed a complete new wiring harness. Yesterday, September 27, we entered the garage to find the armada flashing all lights. Headlights going like mad, interior dash lights, the whole 9 plus a loud clicking noise. The vehicle would not start and we couldn’t place in neutral to push it out. Contacted Nissan this morning and they brought the flatbed truck and towed back to the dealership. We’ve opened a case with Nissan North America.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2019 SL 40,000 Miles car wouldn’t start intermittently over the last few weeks, yesterday BCI malfunction came on and VDC came on and the brakes locked down and engine lost power (both symptoms of the VDC when spinning tires) After reading the owners manual (to no avail) I came on this forum and followed several folks advice (thanks y’all). I topped off the brake fluid but that did nothing. I ordered a new brake switch yesterday from eBay $14. While I am waiting I decided to take the old switch apart and found it to have black soot (for lack of a better term) on the contacts inside the switch...cleaned them off applied new dielectric grease (added some to the plunger too for smooth operation) put it all back together and it still did the same thing...then I adjusted the switch to where the plunger did not touch the brake. Car started without pushing brake. So then I adjusted down so that the brake (when released) just pushed the plunger in about 1/16 to 1/12 of an inch. Got in and it cranked right up! Backed out and no VDC lights and no BCI malfunction (they were on continuously before) and brakes were released. Drove it around the block and it’s working as it should. My new brake light assembly will be here next week but I plan to keep this one in until it malfunctions again before I replace it with my spare. Hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any updates on any success stories? I am having the BCI and intermittent no start issues as well. Been in twice and have a brake switch and some module replace but still not fixed.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts