Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to remote start it with the fob... when my brake switch failed, it would always start remotely... that should rule out the starter...
Great idea!! I will try it next time! Thanks!

All went well, it's very easy. Just give it a 1/4 turn to get it in and out. I haven't seen the 'BCI Malfunction' warning show up since. Here's where I bought it from, it came to $45 shipped:

2003-2020 Nissan Stoplamp Switch 25320-AX10A | Nissan Parts Plus
Great, thanks so much!!! Also when the BCI Malfunction came on, it wouldn't let me use my cruise control. Should I purchase one of those too?

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
67 Posts
Great idea!! I will try it next time! Thanks!

Great, thanks so much!!! Also when the BCI Malfunction came on, it wouldn't let me use my cruise control. Should I purchase one of those too?
I have no idea about the cruise control, but I would probably start with the brake switch first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try to remote start it with the fob... when my brake switch failed, it would always start remotely... that should rule out the starter...
Well, it happened again yesterday, and low and behold, the remote starter started it right up! When I got home (drove for about 15 min) I pulled into the garage and tried restarting after I turned it off, and it wouldn't turn back on. I'm still waiting to hear from the 800-Nissan1 representative to see if they will fix it, but I am planning to buy the brake lamp switch from O'Reilly today after work. I gave her the Sku number for the one listed from someone else. It came back with Import Direct and sku number of 18-1843 for $25. Should I buy that one, or just order the one for 50 online?

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
67 Posts
Well, it happened again yesterday, and low and behold, the remote starter started it right up! When I got home (drove for about 15 min) I pulled into the garage and tried restarting after I turned it off, and it wouldn't turn back on. I'm still waiting to hear from the 800-Nissan1 representative to see if they will fix it, but I am planning to buy the brake lamp switch from O'Reilly today after work. I gave her the Sku number for the one listed from someone else. It came back with Import Direct and sku number of 18-1843 for $25. Should I buy that one, or just order the one for 50 online?
It's hard to tell if that is the revised design (whatever that may be) or the old design. Might be worth the extra few bucks to just be done with the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's hard to tell if that is the revised design (whatever that may be) or the old design. Might be worth the extra few bucks to just be done with the problem.
Thank you. I ordered it online. I wasn't too concerned about the price, just more the fact I could get it taken care of sooner and not have to wait for the delivery! Thanks so much for everyone's help! Hopefully this fixes me up and I'm good to go!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay this forum has been very informational! I am a bit confused with the part names... Let me start off by saying my issue has had no functional issue except that there the BCI orange light is on (i'll count my blessings). A couple of days later my check engine light came on but it seems to be unrelated as the code reads my catalytic converters are bad. so which part should I start with?
Stop lamp switch
brake switch
Brake light switch
Stoplight switch

HELP!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also having problems with my 2019 Armada. BCI malfunction with all lights going crazy and car jerking. Thid car not always starting when button pressed, using remote start mostly. All these problems after warranty has now expired. Feel stupid buying this truck with all the other options out there. Too much money not to have a reliable vehicle. Got to figure out how to unload this thing. Very disappointed and won't buy another Nissan product!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also having problems with my 2019 Armada. BCI malfunction with all lights going crazy and car jerking. Thid car not always starting when button pressed, using remote start mostly. All these problems after warranty has now expired. Feel stupid buying this truck with all the other options out there. Too much money not to have a reliable vehicle. Got to figure out how to unload this thing. Very disappointed and won't buy another Nissan product!!
I have had this same issue. BCI malfunction, My car wouldn't start sometimes, My cruise control not working, etc.. all the signs in this long thread and my dealer kept telling me it was related to the fuel system and kept resetting the computer. I believe this thread fixed my problem. The fix was pretty simple too.

Just need to buy that brake sensor which for my 2017 Armada, I bought this one on amazon for $19: Amazon.com: Wai Danie Brake Light Switch Lamp Compatible with 25320AX00C 25320-AX10A 2011962 25320AX008 : Automotive

and then I found this video on YouTube which shows how easy it is to replace. Literally the hardest part is situating your body so you can look under the steering wheel area:

On my 2017 Armada it was the black switch which is above the red one. It is a tight twist to take off but its really that simple. when you put the new one back in, just make sure it basically lines up with the other switch button thingy.

Good luck and Thank you Club Armada for the fix! I was pulling my hair out and definitely not enjoying my Armada anymore. I have been dealing with this for over a year and it was getting worse and worse every day. I did also notice the old switch button didn't feel smooth if I pressed it in. like it was definitely worn out, damaged or something.

I just fixed it today, but everything has worked perfectly so far. will update if that changes! Good luck and thanks again!

Update: 1/12/2022 - Last night when going through a drive through lane, the warning lights came back on "BCI Malfunction". I turned off/on the car and it cleared up. no issue starting again. Wonder if maybe there is another issue as well. Maybe the cruise control switch next to the brake switch?

Update 1/23/2022 - I am almost constantly still getting the "BCI Malfunction" warning and cant use Cruise Control. The starting issue has been fixed with the brake switch. I have no idea how to fix this warning. Very frustrating.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts