Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the importance of this unit? What do this unit control? Can someone please tell me?
Thanks
Trinidad

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
The BCM (Body Control Module) controls all the electrical systems on the vehicle, including all lights, turn signals, horn, security systems, wipers, locks, power windows, A/C, instruments, key switch, remote keyless system, warning chime, defogger, hazard lights and probably some other functions that I forgot about. The vehicle will not operate without it.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BCM What do this unit does or contro?

My problem is that the power doors, power windows and sunroof are not working, therefore, I was thinking that maybe is the BCM unit that needs to be replace, however, the horn work, right and left turn lights work, headlights work, mirrors outside the doors work, the doors cortesy lights work, except the power windows, power locks and sun roof. I did as testing a by pass on the power windows and power doors and they work they rolll up and down. Any ideas, I will appreciate it.

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
Check fuse #4, (10 amp) located in the fuse block at the lower right of the dash.
Check fuse #55 (10 amp) in the IPDM E/R.
Check the fusible link "F" (50 amp) in the fusible link box.

Look at attached drawing for the locations.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally problem taking care

It was the BCM that it was causing all the problems. If the BCM is not working rite, the power doors locks and power doors windows, sun roof will not work. If you happend to have the same kind of problem I had, this is the answer to take care of these problem at once. I hope this will help others.
Thanks
Trinidad

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
There is a TSB out for the BCM...

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bcm

coleman said:
Just got the oil changed this weekend and they replaced the BCM also.
Were you having some problems? what types of problems were you having? Curiosity, why do they have to changed or replaced your BCM?
thanks
Trinidad

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
This is not an official recall. It is a voluntary service canpaign. The primary purpose is to add a BCM sub-harness to protect the BCM from damage caused by connecting a trailer with improper wiring to the vehicle. The sub-harness is added and the BCM is reprogrammed. The BCM is not replaced unless it has been damaged by the trailer wiring.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,204 Posts
scr38 said:
This is not an official recall. It is a voluntary service canpaign. The primary purpose is to add a BCM sub-harness to protect the BCM from damage caused by connecting a trailer with improper wiring to the vehicle. The sub-harness is added and the BCM is reprogrammed. The BCM is not replaced unless it has been damaged by the trailer wiring.
See, that's why :udaman:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts