Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 QX56 that has a beeping sound while driving and it stops when I come to a complete stop. I think this has started once I changed my battery?...Can anyone help with this.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I have a 2009 QX56 that has a beeping sound while driving and it stops when I come to a complete stop. I think this has started once I changed my battery?...Can anyone help with this.
Can you identify where the beeping sound is coming from? Front, Rear, engine Etc?

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you identify where the beeping sound is coming from? Front, Rear, engine Etc?
It’s coming from the front..it sounds like a chiming sound

I didn’t here this sound until I changed my battery and don’t know if that has something to do with it..?

The chime sound from the front sound like a warning as though I left the lights on, seatbelt off ect.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I didn’t here this sound until I changed my battery and don’t know if that has something to do with it..?

The chime sound from the front sound like a warning as though I left the lights on, seatbelt off ect.
...and only sounds when you are driving (Car moving). Does it matter if you are move forward or reverse? No Dash lights On?

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
can you simply take a sound clip and post it so we can hear it?

does it go away after a certain speed?
do you see any warning lamps on the dash?
why did you change the battery? was the car having issues starting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you simply take a sound clip and post it so we can hear it?

does it go away after a certain speed?
do you see any warning lamps on the dash?
why did you change the battery? was the car having issues starting?
I changed the battery because it was dead from me not driving the truck for awhile. I had the truck sitting and driving other vehicles. The chime goes away when I get to 10 miles mph.. The chime sound is coming from behind the odometer somewhere and not to one that sits on top of the odometer

I changed the battery because it was dead from me not driving the truck for awhile. I had the truck sitting and driving other vehicles. The chime goes away when I get to 10 miles mph.. The chime sound is coming from behind the odometer somewhere and not to one that sits on top of the odometer
Sometimes it doesn’t come and then beeps 2 times and stop.. On the other hand it beeps for the whole ride.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Sometimes it doesn’t come and then beeps 2 times and stop.. On the other hand it beeps for the whole ride.
Do you have Front Sonar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a similar thing once. Might be a bad / activated seat sensor. Try this:
Take your passenger's side seatbelt and clip it into the latch. Then try doing the same to the passenger seatbelts, one at a time. When it quits, you've found your problem.

I've also had this happen when the dog goes with me; she's just heavy enough to set off the seat sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a similar thing once. Might be a bad / activated seat sensor. Try this:
Take your passenger's side seatbelt and clip it into the latch. Then try doing the same to the passenger seatbelts, one at a time. When it quits, you've found your problem.

I've also had this happen when the dog goes with me; she's just heavy enough to set off the seat sensor. Ok I will try it.. Thankyou

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I'm not saying this is the issue... But the 1 Gen Armadas are notorious for bad grounding system. It will cause a lot of gremlins. I have myself a lot of intermittent components that will come and go when ever they want. SRS.. Driver Seats just to name a few. I know the components are fine. it's grounding. Just don't have the time to check them all. Some unrelated components share the same ground.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That didnt work...But the weird part was that even if I keep both of the seatbelt unlatched there is no chime sound..?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
That didnt work...But the weird part was that even if I keep both of the seatbelt unlatched there is no chime sound..?
I know this sounds crazy but... since the only thing changed was the battery. Go there and check all connections for cleanliness and tightness especially ground. Might want to check fuses too. There is a ground harness behind the battery on the fender wall. Check that.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shouldn’t there be a seatbelt warning chime when your not wearing a seatbelt

I know this sounds crazy but... since the only thing changed was the battery. Go there and check all connections for cleanliness and tightness especially ground. Might want to check fuses too. There is a ground harness behind the battery on the fender wall. Check that.
Ok

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
there is no seat belt chime on the nissan armada.

if you could take time to post a sound clip or even a video of the process. we are over the internet and it would help us help you better.

so at 10 mph the sound stops and when you go below 10 does it start back up?

its possible when you put the new battery in you could have caused something to short out. the BCM controls these warning chimes and if you have damaged something in the wiring or popped a fuse, this may be an issue. rare but worth noting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do you add a video

I see how to do photos but not video

there is no seat belt chime on the nissan armada.

if you could take time to post a sound clip or even a video of the process. we are over the internet and it would help us help you better.

so at 10 mph the sound stops and when you go below 10 does it start back up?

its possible when you put the new battery in you could have caused something to short out. the BCM controls these warning chimes and if you have damaged something in the wiring or popped a fuse, this may be an issue. rare but worth noting.
When the truck starts moving the beep starts and when I come to a complete stop it turns off.

When the truck starts moving the beep starts and when I come to a complete stop it turns off.
I checked the BCM fuse and it looks good ..Is there a way to just disconnect the chime beep

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
so after that initial sequence, the beeps don't come back until you shut off and re-start the car?

I checked the BCM fuse and it looks good ..Is there a way to just disconnect the chime beep
didnt mean to suggest the BCM was not working, just that there may be a sensor that is sending bad data to the BCM. the BCM controls a LOT of things.

im sure the buzzer can be disconnect on some level but i dont know how and would advise against it. there is something wrong in your car and the car is trying to tell you.

How do you add a video
if you have taken a video (this is helpful!) just use dropbox or google photos or any cloud storage app. then paste the link here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok

So a few minutes ago I drove it to the store and nothing no beeping nothin. But when I got back in the car and pulled off it start beeping again and will stop beeping when I come to a full stop. It will start beeping again when I pull off like in the video above

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
now we're cookin' with gas brotha! appreciate the video.

26 seconds in, top right, what light is that on the dash? is it the low tire warning? looks too small to be that but wanted to ask.

heres a stupid question -- have you thought about removing the battery cable to let the car sit for about an hour or half hour to see if this may "reset" something? since this all started when you changed the battery, it could have tangled up something.. .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts