Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about or experienced a beeping sound(almost like a radar detector beep) ?? I've had my Armada for only 1 week and every now and then I hear this coming from somewhere inside the truck. I can't find anything in the manual about this and it is driving me crazy! Thanks

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
HuggyBare said:
Does anyone know about or experienced a beeping sound(almost like a radar detector beep) ?? I've had my Armada for only 1 week and every now and then I hear this coming from somewhere inside the truck. I can't find anything in the manual about this and it is driving me crazy! Thanks
When does it occur? Perhaps while backing up?

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The beeping noise occurs while I am driving. One time I was right next to a police car when it happened. Another time I was on the New York Thruway. It it nothing like the sound when I am backing up and am near something. It definitely sounds like a radar detector beep but I don't have one....Strange

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Could be SAT Radio

Do you have Sirius? If so it could be what is called a Q-alert (I think that is the correct term). Check your radio owners manual. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Beeping Sound

BioSolve said:
Do you have Sirius? If so it could be what is called a Q-alert (I think that is the correct term). Check your radio owners manual.
Good Luck.
I am having a beeping sound also like a faint Beep Beep Beep. I opened the driver side dore at the dealership with everything turned off not even the key in the veichle. I can tell it is behind me. Mine is a 2004 Armada LE w/o the tech package. IT is driving me crazy....:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Adobo said:
Low tire pressure, maybe? (TPMS)
Hmmm... it could be the tire pressure but it would be accompanied by the light in the gauge cluster. Also, when it's working properly it should only go on during the first few minutes of driving, last about 30 seconds and then stop.

If you bought your truck used it's likely that something electronic is somewhere inside the seats.
Be sure to let us know when you figure out what it is:D

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have that same beeping sound in my 08. It happens at completely random times, but the beep is the same alert that my sonar gives me when parking/backing up. If you have the sonar, I think the sensors may pick up debris like leaves, etc, that is blowing by your rig. Mine picks up my dogs every time I roll into the driveway. It also periodically picks up birds, bugs, and other "moving objects" that cross the radar.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I had this sound when I first bought the Armada and they found it was my rear hatch sensor. I am going to have it checked next week. It is coming from the rear of the Armada. The TPM shows up on the dash this does not.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I believe the 08 have front sonar as well. Is it possible youare getting close or passing close to another vehicle.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
white knight said:
I believe the 08 have front sonar as well. Is it possible youare getting close or passing close to another vehicle.
That would be REALLY too close!

Things that i have found that cause beeps on my 08... rear hatch opening/closing while in "D", smart key... if you leave the truck without the key it beeps, etc., and of course the sonar. Yes, sometimes in heavy rain it will randomly go off, etc.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
armadadd said:
That must be very annoying for the 08's..
(I have only had the sonar go off while driving once.. I was in stop and go traffic and it was snowing like mad... huge flakes... clearly the slow forward speed as well as a huge snowflake falling right in front of the sensor is going to set off the sonar... i just reached down and turned sonar off for the rest of the (painfully slow) trip.

The key thing is just something i noticed hooking up my boat the other day.. key was in my pocket, I jumped out, left the door open, while i went back to hook up the trailer. I heard something beeping from inside the truck.. wasn't sure what it was. When i jumped back in the driver seat i looked at the dash and it said "No Key".. but it dissapeard as soon as i jumped in and my key was "back in the truck". It's a nice feature.. this was if i am driving and my wife drops me off (and she doesn't have her key).. its a nice reminder that i need to take my key our of my pocket and give it to her (you can still drive with out the key... but once you turn the truck off you are stuck there until someone shows up with a key:)

And the rear tailgate... I havent really figured out. There is a beep (come from the area around the back door) when you auto open/close (to tell you to watch your fingers and not get pinched in the door).. but i noticed that if it is in the process of going up or down and you start to drive you get a different beeping noice (basically telling you to stop until the liftgate is closed and it comes from the dash area.)

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
mich05 said:
I had this sound when I first bought the Armada and they found it was my rear hatch sensor. I am going to have it checked next week. It is coming from the rear of the Armada. The TPM shows up on the dash this does not.
Glad to hear you have found the problem ..:)

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
The dealer found the problem with the beeping. It was the sensors for the power tailgate. It was over $400 . and just before I took it in the tailgate would not close all the way. I had to push it closed. Fixed under extended warranty. No cost to me....And the end of the constant BEEPING...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Im having this beeping problem, but I have no clue what it is. The truck is not on, I unlock it and sit in it and I hear a series of mellow beeps. It has only done it twice. I have a 2005 LE with No SAT Radio.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts