Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Armadites
I'm still trying to narrow down my choice for my new beast. I've got the color chosen. It's going to be Smoke. LE, 4x4, Tech Package, DVD, XM satellite. I'm trying to narrow down if I should get a second row bench seat, or the captains chairs. I've not got any children, just a daschund that loves to ride. So tell me, which would you prefer and why. Do any of you have hind sight and wish you had went the other way?

thanks
HERO4HIRE2K5

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Bench Seat

I prefer the bench seat over the captain chairs because if you ever have company over or any other unexpected events come up you could squeeze one more thing or person in the mada. Also The center console I think with no kids would take up space but that is just my opinion and that is what I believe. I myself have a bench seat and I like it! By reading some recent posts I have seen some people were not happy with there choice of captain chairs over bench and want to switch but have not found such luck. Again this is my opinion and it is going to be in your truck so I would pick the way it would benefit yourself.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I got the bench seat because I didn't like the way the captains chairs looked . Too mini van like ! And I figured with a kid the center console would just end up full of my son's junk .

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
We chose to go with bench seat when we bought our 05 Armada LE. The main reason is you could sit an extra adult on the second row. We also have a car seat on the second row and it fit nicely with the bench seat.

Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
captains chairs all the way. You can fit 3 adults in the 3rd bench very comfortably, 2 in the captains chairs and 2 in the front. Who here has more than 7 adults riding at one time. NOONE. Plus if you have kids you want them in the very back anyways especially if they are loud. Also, the console with the captains chairs is removable in about 1.2 seconds. For long trips each person can adjust the seats the way they want and have their own arm rests. plus for dogs and such if you have the console removed it is easier to climb in and out of the very rear to the middle.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
We just returned from vacation. The people we were with had a motorhome, so the Armada was our touring vehicle. We had 8 adults and with the bench seat, all were pretty comfortable.

Ken

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Got captain's chairs .. love 'em.

Got kids (2) ... 1 in a booster chair ..

Don't miss the bench .. been there w/Mazda MPV ...

Center console comes in handy .. useful as a place to put the dvd console "on" for long trips (yes we picked up a dual control console (meaning I can remove it) system to keep the kids entertained.

The Armada isn't a replacement for the kids room .. already got 1 car that the back seat resembles a play room. Not going to happen w/the Armada! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Clearly the bench 2nd row for me.
Totally a personal preference.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Captains chairs

I have the cpt's chairs and love them. If you are constantly going to carry a lot of people, I'd get the bench, but the chairs I thnk look better and even maybe give a little more room (width). Its all a matter of personal preference. Go sit in an armada with cpts chairs and then one with a bench seat. Then make your choice...........

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
jrrendon said:
captains chairs all the way. You can fit 3 adults in the 3rd bench very comfortably, 2 in the captains chairs and 2 in the front. Who here has more than 7 adults riding at one time. NOONE. Plus if you have kids you want them in the very back anyways especially if they are loud. Also, the console with the captains chairs is removable in about 1.2 seconds. For long trips each person can adjust the seats the way they want and have their own arm rests. plus for dogs and such if you have the console removed it is easier to climb in and out of the very rear to the middle.
Actually, if you have small kids (in car seats), you need them in the second row because climbing in to buckle them in is a real pain in the third row. Also, if you have small kids you will most likely need a stoller. Having kids in the third row and having to store a stroller deeply reduces the amount of storage capacity in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
100% Totally Agree.

markandjenn said:
Actually, if you have small kids (in car seats), you need them in the second row because climbing in to buckle them in is a real pain in the third row. Also, if you have small kids you will most likely need a stoller. Having kids in the third row and having to store a stroller deeply reduces the amount of storage capacity in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
IMO, BENCH. Yes, you can put 3 adults in the 3rd row if necessary, but it's not the greatest, especially if they are over about 5'10". Just as in your case, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the bench may have a higher resale value in the long run because many folks are looking for people capacity in a vehicle this size. If you, or a future buyer, were to have a small child, the 2nd row center position is the highest rated seat for safety and survival....nice to know the cool ones iced down in the rear console will survive the impact. For hauling loads, the bench excels because you have a great surface area with all three middle seats down and their "gap filler flaps" extended; with the console, you either have a lump or a slump (removed), of which neither is desirable. And, for your dachsund, fold just the middle seat down and the dog has a great runway from the front to the back.

Decide what you want for the long haul and why, buy it and don't look back; you made the right choice. You definitely wanted the Armada because what other vehicle can bring you a panel of experts like this forum. This is especially valuable for those unmarried owners who have no one else to tell them what to do.

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks folks. I see they both have pros and cons. I appreciate the help and i'll let you know what I end up with.

HERO4HIRE2K5

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Bench. I've used the extra seating, and it is more convienent to put down flat for cargo than removing the center console, etc. Also, the side seats still recline and the middle seat folds down the seat back to make an armrest/cup holder. The only advantage of the console is extra storage. Many people just remove it completely for easy access to the rear seat. The middle bench seat is more comfortable than the rear and 3 people prefer to sit on the bench rather than two in the second row and one in the 3rd row usually. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts