Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that there was a group buy back in Feb. But not sure who it was through, assume it is done. Looking for best price and place to purchase the Volant CAI. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are working on a group buy on the Titan forum with Socal Motorsports, hopefully they will let us in on it. They are waiting on the 3rd version of the Volant, apparently better fitting and the lid is inset eliminating the leakage, and the lid is expected to be stainless steel with logo on it. Price should be around $245 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
That sounds nice..hopefully we can slide in on the group buy.

I'd like to get a Volant, but I really don't want to mess with the exhaust. Think it would be a waste of money?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I wouldn't say it would be a waste of money, but you can't get all the performance from a CAI without a good exhaust system. The two work best when both are installed. The cat back systems such as the Gibson are easy to install.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I had information from a vendor that G3 Volant would have aluminum lid:

"I wouldn't want to steer you wrong on the answer about the aluminum lid, but back in November Volant told us they were moving to the alum lids and at that time it had nothing to do with the fit of the lid. Volant had problems with their initial design because it didn't mount right. Then people complained the lid didn't fit tight and the next thing I knew everyone had started saying that was the reason of the new aluminum lid. Volant told me this week another 2 months for the alum lid, which leads me to believe there is not an issue with the current design - but that is more my opinion than direct knowledge. I have never had a customer complain about the gen2 design, although I know of people who improve on the gasket between the lid and box, but that is for several models, not just Nissan. I agree Borla is the best bet for exhaust. Corsa makes a great system as well but has yet to deliver for your vehicle."

In another email he provided:

"Same intake for both Titan and Armada. When you make the install the only thing to watch out for is the original position of the MAF (shiny side up I believe). If you don't get it back correctly you will have check engine light issues. Volant has one of the best tech guys that will walk you through the install if you have any questions - [email protected]"

Not sure whose source is correct, maybe someone in CA.com has a connection at Volant or wants to send a query to "daniel".

Anyhow, that's all I can contribute.

Randy

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Volant Group Buy Extended to Armada Forum

I spoke with Tony at Socal Motorsports, he said we are more than welcome to participate in the Volant CAI Group buy along with the Titan Forum The pricing will be $258, delivered. They will not ship until the Gen 3 Volant is available, could be any day now or hopefully no more than a week, depends on Volant closing out stock on the Gen 2 (just a few left) and starting production on the Gen 3. Contact Tony at Socal Motorsports if interested, he will take your order but not charge your card until they are in stock and ready to ship. His information is below.

Tony
www.socalmotorsports.com
email: [email protected]
805-233-2818

1 - 8 of 8 Posts