Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone scoured the net for the best price on the Borla cat back system? Best I've seen is like $745 shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah

Yeah..hehehe.

I heard the Borla clip over at clubtitan and it sounded great! I figured it would drown out my little rattles too. ;)

I figure if I went with the Borla and Volant maybe I could get a little better mileage and some more power- not that I need more, but it would be nice.

I'm concerned about a loss in low end torque though.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I ran into a guy at Nissan dealer getting his Titan serviced. It sounded really good. He told me all he did was goto a muffler shop and replace the muffler to a Magnaflow. That's it.

He feels no difference in power or gas mileage. He only wanted to get a meaner and deeper big block sound.

The muffler shop guy said that the stock exhaust system is among the best he's seen and that a new cat back system is overkill.

What you you all think? Are the Bank, Borla, Gibson cat backs a larger diameter system? If not, can it really make a noticeable difference?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
You know....when I first got my Mada', I thought it sounded great already and was quite happy with the sound in stock form. After looking under the chassis and noticing the crimped y pipe, I said "no way". Being the motorhead that I am, I had the Banks system installed. I'm not going into detail on how it performs but I do notice a punchier take off. I also have the Volant intake system which was previously installed with the OEM exhaust. Like I said, It does feel punchier off the line and I notice a difference, but it may be just in my head. Looking at the new Banks Y pipe, it does look beefy and definately looks more free flowing than the stock one. After dropping almost $1000 with the Banks and Volant intake, it must be subliminally telling me it feels punchier. I think a dyno would tell the truth but there's not one around where I live.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts