Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with a either a Qx or Armada please give me advice im seriously considering the BFG's. A huge chunk of my driving is dont on paved roads so i'd like a quiet and with good cornering grip. Every year i do head up to Tahoe with family for snowboarding and stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
The only objection I've heard is BFG are loud. However, that wasn't on a Mada/Titan/QX so they probably had a different size, which could make a difference. I'd say get mine as I do exactly the same thing and they fit the bill perfectly, but they don't make them for stock 18". The Michelin Cross Terrain SUV All-season Highways may be good enough for the snow for your limited needs, and would be superior on the road in general. Sorry to just confuse you more. ;)

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Red???

SilverQShip said:
anyone with a either a Qx or Armada please give me advice im seriously considering the BFG's. A huge chunk of my driving is dont on paved roads so i'd like a quiet and with good cornering grip. Every year i do head up to Tahoe with family for snowboarding and stuff.
The picture sucks so it's hard to tell, but according to your description the other QX is "red". Is that custom paint? Didn't know they had a red option and have never seen one. If there was a red one I may have considered it more, but probably still went with the Mada. Hated the Colors of the QX. Everyone has Silver, Black, and White, because the rest are worthless, but red would've been nice. Maybe it was an '04 option or something.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have them on my 04 Armada SE off road and love them. I don't think they are loud at all at any speeds.
Any more info let me know.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The picture sucks so it's hard to tell, but according to your description the other QX is "red". Is that custom paint? Didn't know they had a red option and have never seen one. If there was a red one I may have considered it more, but probably still went with the Mada. Hated the Colors of the QX. Everyone has Silver, Black, and White, because the rest are worthless, but red would've been nice. Maybe it was an '04 option or something.
The red color was an 04' option called Opus red its vulgar enough to look good i personally like the color and maintenance is not bad for the color. The other Qx happens to be my friends Qx56 and he has little to no issue with the car. Well sorry for the bad camera quality i took it with my phones camera and it was kinda dark when i took the pic

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The only objection I've heard is BFG are loud. However, that wasn't on a Mada/Titan/QX so they probably had a different size, which could make a difference. I'd say get mine as I do exactly the same thing and they fit the bill perfectly, but they don't make them for stock 18". The Michelin Cross Terrain SUV All-season Highways may be good enough for the snow for your limited needs, and would be superior on the road in general. Sorry to just confuse you more.
Thanks Triple ill be looking into the Michelin Cross Terrains, but the BFGs look really kool :). What kind of tires you got on triple? One last thing i will want the tires to hold up at high speed because i will sometimes want to go 125MPH and i want to get this thought out of the back of my head the my tires might fail on me at that speed.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
SilverQShip said:
Thanks Triple ill be looking into the Michelin Cross Terrains, but the BFGs look really kool :). What kind of tires you got on triple? One last thing i will want the tires to hold up at high speed because i will sometimes want to go 125MPH and i want to get this thought out of the back of my head the my tires might fail on me at that speed.
See the sig. ;)

You will need a higher speed rated tire.
Here's the ratings. Not aware of A/T tires that are higher than S. BFG are rated R, Nitto Terras are rated S.

M 81 mph 130 km/h
N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires
P 93 mph 150 km/h
Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires
R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires
S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
U 124 mph 200 km/h
H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes
V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars
Z 150 mph+ 240 km/h+ Exotic Sports Cars
W 168 mph 270 km/h Exotic Sports Cars
Y 186 mph 300 km/h Exotic Sports Cars

When Z-speed rated tires were first introduced, they were thought to reflect the highest tire speed rating that would ever be required, in excess of 240 km/h or 149 mph. While Z-speed rated tires are capable of speeds in excess of 149 mph, how far above 149 mph was not identified. That ultimately caused the automotive industry to add W- and Y-speed ratings to identify the tires that meet the needs of new vehicles that have extremely high top-speed capabilities.

QX should be limited at 112mph just like the mada. Same programing. Can you get a pic of the speedo at 113mph+? I'd like to try to get close to 113mph in a quarter-mile run. Now that would be fast for a mada. :D

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ill try i havent done anything in excess of 90 lately, but umm taking a picture at 113+ is a little dangerous triple. Anyways ill try and see if my son wants to do a highspeed run and take a picture for me.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Guess I'm silly like that. Got a ticket at 122 while I was on the phone. ;)

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
???

92TripleBlack said:
Guess I'm silly like that. Got a ticket at 122 while I was on the phone. ;)
Just a ticket?? Where I live you would be arrested.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
SE Off Road1 said:
Just a ticket?? Where I live you would be arrested.
They could do that, but its optional. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.