Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I find out which tow package do I have in my Armada? The specs page only say Tow Package, heavy duty battery , rear suspension levelizer, transmission temp gauge Price paid $650.00 Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There is only one tow package. The equipment you listed is part of it. They call it Big Tow, as opposed to bumper mounted ball towing. If you bought the $650.00 option, which is a very good deal, you got it. 9,100 towing maximum, with 910 pound max tongue load.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Bbbiiiiigggggg Tttttoooooowwwwww!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Big Tow is the way to go! You get the good gears, you get the self leveling, you get the temp gauge, you get the heavy duty battery. You get 9100 lbs., 910 on the hitch, and all you need to do it right. It is one package. It is the best $650 you'll spend.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all

Unfortunately I will not tow anything for now just my wife and two kids. Thank you for the replies.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Me tooo lol.

still curious whether I have the big tow or not.

I do have a button by the gear shift that says "tow Mode"

does that mean I have the big tow ?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Heat03 said:
Me tooo lol.

still curious whether I have the big tow or not.

I do have a button by the gear shift that says "tow Mode"

does that mean I have the big tow ?
No. All Armadas have that. If your Armada came with the receiver hitch mounted under ther rear you have the Big Tow package. You would also have a transmission temp gauge in the instrument cluster if you have the tow package.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have an '04 and in calling the dealer, it will cost $500+ to get the hitch attached.

I can get a high-quality hitch attached from a reputable company (either Magnum Trailers or Spillar Custom Hitches) for about $200.

I know I won't get the self leveling and other features but will this make a big difference? I only tow a double axle trailer about once every month or two; it's not very heavy and not very far.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
texasarmada said:
I have an '04 and in calling the dealer, it will cost $500+ to get the hitch attached.

I can get a high-quality hitch attached from a reputable company (either Magnum Trailers or Spillar Custom Hitches) for about $200.

I know I won't get the self leveling and other features but will this make a big difference? I only tow a double axle trailer about once every month or two; it's not very heavy and not very far.
Shouldn't be a big deal. Big tow gives you different gearing, air bags for leveling the suspension under load, trans cooler and trans temp gauge along with the hitch. May be a few other things I missed but a good quality hitch should pull off most towing needs. The rest is good if you are going up in weight or distance, say more than a couple hours drive or over 5000 pounds. Uhaul also will install hitches on most vehicles and they are pretty inexpensive. ;)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
texasarmada said:
I just got mine installed for $350 (Nissan OEM hitch). So basically if your Armada did not come with a tow package and you had the oem hitch installed it won't have the same towing capacity compared to one that came with it, it this true?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
You don't have the lower rear gear ratio, or the air lift auto level, so you don't have as much tongue weight capacity or pulling capacity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts