Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has installed Bilstein suspension in the front what model did you use.
5100/6100/6112
For 2in lift
Did you have to modify something else
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Look under - Shocks : better ride. I changed mine to Bilstein and it made an incredible difference. You should find all the info you want under this posting. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any major issue , do you have pictures.
My mechanic for 4x4 off road told me not to do it.
Did you lift your truck also or just change suspension

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not sure what his concerns would be ? The factory shocks are way too soft and allow the vehicle to " wallow " or roll back and forth on less than desirable roads. The Bilsteins completely eliminated this action and now my Armada is rock solid in the front end. Were you able to see the video of the before and after ? It is very telling.

Sorry. In regard to one of your questions, no I did not do any other modifications to the suspension. I believe the adjustable ring on the shock was set in the number 5 groove which retained the Armadas factory stance. That is what I wanted as I am not one to deviate from a great factory appearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure what his concerns would be ? The factory shocks are way too soft and allow the vehicle to " wallow " or roll back and forth on less than desirable roads. The Bilsteins completely eliminated this action and now my Armada is rock solid in the front end. Were you able to see the video of the before and after ? It is very telling.

Sorry. In regard to one of your questions, no I did not do any other modifications to the suspension. I believe the adjustable ring on the shock was set in the number 5 groove which retained the Armadas factory stance. That is what I wanted as I am not one to deviate from a great factory appearance.
I am from Montreal where did you buy your Bilstein 6100
Also I'm at my third mechanics and they don't want to mess with modifying.
But I really want to do it so I guess I'll find someone eventually .
Just to make sure the bore of the bilstein suspension is too small that's what i have to drill bigger to 14mm

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the from a parts facility in Toronto. I actually called them to order the shocks. They are the 6100 adjustable series. I will forward the name to you. I have to look it up. I have a 2018 Armada Platinum by the way. Now when you order them, they do not show a listing for the Armada/QX80. They do sell them for the Titan and that is how I put the order through. As far as boring anything out, you don't have to , just buy 4 new 14mm washers. I am in London, Ontario and I had a couple of mechanics turn down the job also only because of the size of the springs and they questioned their own spring compressors. So we have a garage that works only on transports, dump trucks etc., and they did it in a morning for $250.

It is Parts Engine Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
When I did this conversion, I rented a Macpherson strut/spring compressor tool from a local Advance Auto as I've always done in the past. Since the front coils on the Z62/Y62s are shorter than the previous gen, it was so much easier to compress these coils. I'm surprised that mechanics are questioning their equipment or even declining to do this simple DIY-mod.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 10 of 10 Posts