Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions are in regards to 2013 SV 4x4 w/Tow Package.

Been reading on these a little more and seems to be the 5100 offer height adjustment and maybe slightly different valving over the 4600. Is the 5100 offered for the Rear without giving up factory ride height? In previous threads others complained 5100s cause raised ride height.

My wife wants to get me something for my birthday coming up and was thinking of getting these. Any input from those who have tried them ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 4600s front and back. This, along with new springs, eliminated my bump steer, body roll and porpoising. An amazing improvement. A few months later I replaced upper and lower front control arms, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links with a Mevotech kit, for even greater improvement. High speeds are much smoother and safer now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 4600s front and back. This, along with new springs, eliminated my bump steer, body roll and porpoising. An amazing improvement. A few months later I replaced upper and lower front control arms, tie rod ends, and sway bar end links with a Mevotech kit, for even greater improvement. High speeds are much smoother and safer now.
Thanks for the feedback. My ride had all the shocks replaced before I bought it not too long ago. I just would like to swap out the front combo kit and rear KYBs. They are still in good condition but think I'm missing out on a better ride and driving experience. Seeing Bilstein is the best option for our SUV.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Questions are in regards to 2013 SV 4x4 w/Tow Package.

Been reading on these a little more and seems to be the 5100 offer height adjustment and maybe slightly different valving over the 4600. Is the 5100 offered for the Rear without giving up factory ride height? In previous threads others complained 5100s cause raised ride height.

My wife wants to get me something for my birthday coming up and was thinking of getting these. Any input from those who have tried them ?

Thanks.
The valving is the same between the 4600 & 5100, or it is so close that there is no noticeable difference. I have not seen the 5100 offered for the rear of our trucks. The 5100 has a movable circlip that changes the ride height, so you can adjust it between factory ride height up to 2" over stock height. I run the 5100 on the fronts of my truck in anticipation of doing a full 2" lift at some point. I was also hoping that the zinc coating would resist rust longer than the paint of the 4600 series, but it didn't and has already rusted over, 2ish years after install. Also, if you run the 5100 and use it to lift the truck, your ride will get stiffer as you are basically removing suspension travel and adding pre-load in order to lift the ride height.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The valving is the same between the 4600 & 5100, or it is so close that there is no noticeable difference. I have not seen the 5100 offered for the rear of our trucks. The 5100 has a movable circlip that changes the ride height, so you can adjust it between factory ride height up to 2" over stock height. I run the 5100 on the fronts of my truck in anticipation of doing a full 2" lift at some point. I was also hoping that the zinc coating would resist rust longer than the paint of the 4600 series, but it didn't and has already rusted over, 2ish years after install. Also, if you run the 5100 and use it to lift the truck, your ride will get stiffer as you are basically removing suspension travel and adding pre-load in order to lift the ride height.
Thanks. I will be keeping it stock as we do go camping a few times a year but don't tackle much rugged terrain. Just looking for the best ride I can get out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a full set of Bilsteins I am looking to sell. I was going to do the upgrade on my 2008 QX56 but traded it in for a 2019 before doing it. I have 5100 fronts with new springs and upper plates and a set of 4600’s for the rear with 2” spacers to even it out to factory ride height. If anyone is interested let me know. BP

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a full set of Bilsteins I am looking to sell. I was going to do the upgrade on my 2008 QX56 but traded it in for a 2019 before doing it. I have 5100 fronts with new springs and upper plates and a set of 4600’s for the rear with 2” spacers to even it out to factory ride height. If anyone is interested let me know. BP
Are the spacers you added for raising the ride height?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts