Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says... I am going to get Bilstein front struts, but about rear shocks?

What are you guys putting on the rear?

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Ranchos. Do you have a tow package? If you do, then you don't have regular shocks in the rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
If you have the tow package then you don't have the regular shocks in the rear. You have an auto leveling air suspension. If its working properly, I would suggest that you don't touch it.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the tow package then you don't have the regular shocks in the rear. You have an auto leveling air suspension. If its working properly, I would suggest that you don't touch it.

Interesting... I wasn't aware that it has the auto level air suspension, meaning I have never heard any air pump .

Stupid question. How would I verify if it has the air suspension or not?

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
If you have the tow package then you most probably have the auto leveling air suspension. You could do a visual check to see if there are regular shocks there. That's the only way I know, since I don't have the tow package.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha. I will check it out when the rain stops here. I never noticed anything before, but I wasn't really looking for that.

Otherwise, if I don't have the air suspension, would those Rancho RS5000's work?

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
...Glad to know about rear shocks.
This is an old thread...Bilstein has since come out with shocks for the rear as well. The Ranchos sounded cool, but in the long term I read a lot of complaints. So far the Bilstein's seem to be earning a much better reputation. At very least, you've got more than one option now!

Reactions: Big Bertha

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I was going to post my own thread but found this one. I have a 2007 LE 4x4 with tow package Im currently running Toyo Open Country 285/75R with 1.5" poly spacers. The ride on dirt roads is horrible. Id like a better option other then the spacers. I was looking at the older Rancho kit. Does Bilstein make a product that would provide lift in the front? Or will keeping the spacers and going with a Bilstein shock work? If so can anyone provide which model shocks for front and rear? I have read about using Moog springs in gen 2s does that work for gen1 too?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Bilstein 5100s have the adjustable spring perch which gives you a lift range of 0-2” for the first gens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts