Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I have finally installed all those mods I had lying around in my guest room and have the pictures to back them up. :D I decided long back that I would be doing my mods in phases and as such, this will be phase I:
PHASE I:

1) VOLANT CAI - quiet drive and drone at 1500 rpm, but screams its head off at WOT! Love it!! :D
2) Upper and lower grille combo -
3) Interior LED package - from amazon; bright as hell, pics dont do justice.
4) 8000k HID for lows - one has already burnt out :D need to replace that. :D
5) 890 LED bulbs for the fogs from ijdmtoys- purely show and doesnt throw that much light compared to stock halogen
6) Rubber mats :p
7) White door handles - sanded them like there was no tomorrow. :D :p
8) Bully Dog - vroom vroom. :D

Pic1- Volant
Pic2- Shot of a clean engine bay, since it wont stay that way for long. :D
Pic3- blackArmada_DXB during the day
Pic4- Interior white LEDs, rubber mats and white door handles
Pic5- 8000k lows, 890 LED bulbs from ijdmtoy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Contd... (Could only attach 5 pics at a time)

Pic6- Reflection pic with just Fogs on
Pic7- Reflection pic with just Fogs on - closer pic
Pic8- blackArmada_DXB after light offroading. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, appreciate it a lot.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In preparation for a long trip to Western Region (approx. 186 miles away from where I live), I took my car for a wash. :D I'm going to uninstall the BD and will use this trip to track my mileage to see if there has been a +ve impact with the Volant alone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, there was a +ve impact with the Volant alone. I got 15.6 mpg. Missed the BD too much so I put it back in as soon as I could and did a couple of 0-60 mph runs. :D Now I am deaf!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Wanna do my engine bay! That looks awesome

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally I can post on this thread again! :D Just did the following:

1) Bilstein 5100 Offroad Shocks with maximum lift in the front.
2) NCP 2773546 NAPA front springs
3) Rancho 9000XL Rear offroad shocks
4) NCP 2773545 NAPA rear springs
5) Front and Rear Powerstop slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads.
6) Removed front anti-sway bar just like Pops. :D

The car rides super smooth. In fact it rides better off-road than on-road now. I'm contemplating removing the rear anti-sway bar too because the rear is a bit bouncy. Is it because I just lifted the front and not the rear? I'm not sure. Any comments/thoughts are welcome. I still have the 265/70R18 Nitto Duragrapplers, so not sure if it will go away if I upgrade to bigger tires. The front is perfect. More than perfect. :D

Here are some pics. Now off to update my signature. :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Cool lift! :D How about those new springs, do they succeed in eliminating the excessive nose dive and general bounce?
Now excuse me, but I didn't fully get number 5 and 6. Did you upgrade the brakes? Does it stop better now?
What about the sway bar thing? :p
Anyway bro, I wish you enjoy your mods and there's no way to miss your big beast on the road now :D

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
awesome....I dig the powdercoat!

Do you know the load rating on the rear coils?

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice upgrade bro.
i'm interested with the brakes upgrade.
Yup. The brakes are awesome. No doubt about that. Much more braking power. However, for me the braking power of the OEM brakes was already satisfactory. I never tow or anything and on top of that I never tailgate and make sure that I leave plenty of room in front of me. That's one thing I hate about the driving here. Intimidation through tailgating.

The other stuff I noticed with these brakes is that it doesn't rust and they dont squeak at all. After bedding them in, they are just perfect. I just love the grinding noise I hear after I apply the brakes to come to a stop quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks real nice. Is that modified or the original version. I wonder how much is the asking price for that beast and i wish you could send some more pics for having a better view.
Thanks! A lot of things have been modified and upgraded. You probably are using an app or viewing this thread through a mobile version and that's probably why you cant see my signature, but here is the list of things I have done on my car:

VOLANT CAI, Interior LED Package, 8000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Reverse Camera, Invisble Car Bra, Upper and lower grille combo, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg. adv.), White Door Handles, Bilstein 5100 Offroad Shocks with maximum lift in the front, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear offroad shocks, Red powdercoated NCP 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Front and Rear Powerstop slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Removed front anti-sway bar

Sure, I can send you a lot more pics. No problem. Just PM me and I'll share my email address. I don't think I can send a zip file over through PM. I tried that before and it didn't work.

I'm located here in the Middle East. UAE to be exact. I couldn't trace your location? I don't think it would be feasible for you to buy it from here and get it shipped over to the states. I think you can buy two Armadas with that kind of money. :D

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool lift! :D How about those new springs, do they succeed in eliminating the excessive nose dive and general bounce?
Now excuse me, but I didn't fully get number 5 and 6. Did you upgrade the brakes? Does it stop better now?
What about the sway bar thing? :p
Anyway bro, I wish you enjoy your mods and there's no way to miss your big beast on the road now :D
Hello, bro! How have you been? :D I saved the best for the last.:p I know I owe you a more comprehensive review. :D The front springs are perfect. When I go over humps they don't bounce around. When I braking, it doesn't nose dive like it used to. Keep in mind that this is after I lifted the front end, so I should have, in theory at least expected a lot more nose dive. I have no complaints about the front springs. The front end is perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

The rear is a different story though. Its all over the place. It has improved with the new springs, but there is definitely room for more improvement. I think its because I lifted only the front and not the rear. I think I will lift the rear 1" later in the future and get 35" to solve the problem. I might even remove the anti-sway bar in the rear. The way I see it, the front suspensions are acting independently and when one side bounces in the rear, the sway bar drags the other side into the fray and then its just swaying left and right.

I know the front doesn't bounce and the rear bounces quite a bit, because when I go over speed breakers, the front is solid. It maybe does a 0.5 of the length of the suspension, but that's it. However, the rear does a good 1.5 or 2 bounce of the length of the suspension in the same situation. I know your SUV is not lifted, so if you don't have that much bounce in the rear, new rear springs may solve your problem.

Yes, I did upgrade the brakes. They are awesome now. They stop better and on top of that they look like they wont rust and there's no squeaking at all. They are also a lot cheaper than what the dealer charges here. I got it for 2,000 dirhams (shipped) and installed them for 400 dirhams. :cool:

My guy told me that the brake fluid was so bad that they had to flush it out and refill it. Sometimes I don't know why I pay the dealer all that money for regular maintenance. :(

An anti-sway or anti-roll bar is intended to force each side of the vehicle to lower, or rise, to similar heights, to reduce the sideways tilting (roll) of the vehicle on curves, sharp corners, or large bumps. If you remove all the sway bars on the vehicle, it will allow for more travel for each wheel independently. Definitely a more useful feature when you are going off-road. It takes under an hour to remove or put them back. So, if you are not happy with it, you can always put it back.

Thanks a lot man! :D I know it will be hard to miss it. I guess I should just stop hiding the plate number in my future photos. :D For now, I think I should enjoy my truck and put a hold on the mods, since I think I am spending way too much time modding it than driving it. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts