Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 qx56
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 qx56 has (had) a blue flashing led by the rear view mirror on the windshield. Very visible at night. It is no longer flashing, and perhaps coincidentally or not, neither is my aftermarket Xpresskit remote starter working. My question is do all qx56’s have this blue led standard, perhaps a security light, or is it part of the aftermarket remote starter, in which case I can start troubleshooting from that perspective.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
It is not standard. I have it on my '07 Armada. For me, it is the light for the Viper remote start system.

To turn off that light, I turn my key to on (but not start) and click the (I think) [f]unction button twice quickly.
It's been awhile, so I forget if that is the right button, but yours is probably similar.

That blue light only comes on if I used the Viper remote to lock the car instead of the Nissan key fob.

·
Registered
2008 qx56
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not standard. I have it on my '07 Armada. For me, it is the light for the Viper remote start system.

To turn off that light, I turn my key to on (but not start) and click the (I think) [f]unction button twice quickly.
It's been awhile, so I forget if that is the right button, but yours is probably similar.

That blue light only comes on if I used the Viper remote to lock the car instead of the Nissan key fob.
Thank you. I was thinking it is part of the aftermarket remote start and you have confirmed that. Now I just have to figure out why that all stopped working. The modules for the remote starter were already installed when I bought the car so I have no info on them. I see a Xpresskit xk02 module and a similar module beside it which I assume is the bypass module for the remote start but it has no identification but looks very similar. The leds will flash on the modules when I press the programming button on them but they don’t seem to see the fobs.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
Registered
2008 qx56
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you replaced the battery in the fob?

Looks like this is the owners manual in PDF...

Thank you so much for eloping because I’m really having trouble finding making progress. I had found the same manual and the xk02 responds as they say it should but when I get to the programming part where I press the lock on the fob there is no response from the xk02 module. It’s like it’s not seeing the fob. New batteries and two fobs. I wonder if the lack of blue flashing light indicates my connection to the antenna the blue light is on isn’t working. If that’s an antenna?

Thank you so much for eloping because I’m really having trouble finding making progress. I had found the same manual and the xk02 responds as they say it should but when I get to the programming part where I press the lock on the fob there is no response from the xk02 module. It’s like it’s not seeing the fob. New batteries and two fobs. I wonder if the lack of blue flashing light indicates my connection to the antenna the blue light is on isn’t working. If that’s an antenna?
Eloping. Lol. Meant to say helping.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Good morning. I have this light also but no remote. So you are saying I must have remote start due to the blue light?

·
Registered
2008 qx56
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning. I have this light also but no remote. So you are saying I must have remote start due to the blue light?
[/QUOTE
thats interesting that you have the flashing blue led by the rear view yet you do not have an aftermarket remote start. What year is your qx?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Make sure that the antenna is plugged in and the wire hasn't been damaged. The xk-02 is just the lock interface module, the other is likely the remote start so look for the antenna connection on it. If you can find any markings on the other unit, I might be able to help you. It's probably something simple like it's stuck in valet mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts