Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to stream music from an iPhone via the bluetooth interface on the Armada. The phone is already configured as a bluetooth device and the phone portion works fine. This is for a 2011 Armada Platinum.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
good news. you would think they would be able. it would require a different BT stack as well along with the updated software.

this system--the on screen listings seen in this vid, are the same in the 2011+ Qx.

so I say it is highly possible, but doubt nissan would retro this, or ,it would cost too much to update...

concern is, would nissan release this major update to shops? this would require a complete re write of the software (kernel)....

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I would be willing to buy the guts of the 2013 stereo and put that in my 2010 Platinum.
Has anyone done this?
I really want to control my iPhone from my steering wheel buttons.

In my dream situation I would have a lightning cable plug into the stereo via USB and then both charge and completely control the iPhone from the Armada stereo.

Bluetooth is nice but you still have to plug in the phone to keep it charged so then what's the point.

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
most cats just go aftermarket rather than spend money on a factory unit.

should fit so long as the wiring harnesses (and the dash cavity) match up.

get a your model year service manual and the 2014 service manual and compare notes.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
ive had the griffin bluetrip for years and love it. its plugged into passenger side power port Low profile. u can then run a short aux cable or run behind everything i did. just select ur aux input like usual. my phone auto connects and disconnects everytime i get in/out car. i really have zero complaints. if u have a passenger, they can also link up to it as well.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Radio Swap

So it seems to me that my 2010 platinum looks just like the 2013 platinum radio but the 2013 does stereo blue tooth audio and mine does not.

Does anyone know how much work, or what parts are needed to buy the OEM Nissan Bose 2013 radio and put that into my 2010?

This seems like a great solution for all of us.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Nah my SV version comes with Satellite XM Radio, No Nav. From reading the instructions on the kit I bought, once installed you have to program it and use one of the XM radio memory slot as a select button for Bluetooth. Still not having the time to install it yet:(

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I'm getting someone I know at my local Nissan Dealership check on the price.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
toname:
Awesome.
See if they can get you list of the parts that need to be swapped. I bet I can find them on eBay and DIY it.
I would love to have the current OEM with bluetooth audio in my 2010 platinum.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Update: Installed... Works

I found this on crutchfield.com I got it but haven't got the time to install it yet. Pretty expensive, but if it works it would be worth the price.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581BT45NIS/USA-Spec-BT45-NIS.html
Just installed this item on my 2013 Armada, Bose Audio system, XM Satellite Radio, No Navigation. Works Via XM Radio button, Streams my Bluetooth Audio and Phone calls.

Details:
1. When Audio Streaming is active; Factory Phone feature does not work. But No worries because all calls are coming from this adapter.

2. Answer calls via "Folder" button, end calls via "Tune" button

3. Track buttons selects music.

4. Included Mic need to be connected to talk via this adapter.

5. All factory steering wheel buttons still work except phone when adapter is active. Again... no worries incoming and outgoing calls are done via this adapter with a faster response and less questions to answer... unlike the factory phone Bluetooth.

Go here to see how to remove head unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C1CsVnppgo

Follow included instructions to connect adapter to the existing factory head unit.

That's all for now... it was HOT outside, while I was doing the install. I was sweating like a PIG:(
I'll keep playing with it and see what flaws and advantages it has

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
My Second Armada... 2011 Platinum w/NAV (NAV is useless here where I'm at) also does not have audio streaming. I just use the AUX input to play music from my/our smartphones and connect Bluetooth for phone usage thru the HU. For those who my want Bluetooth audio as well maybe this device might work. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220BCS1/Audiovox-BCS1.html?tp=8395

Price is affordable. it still uses the AUX input and also USB power cable connected to a power port on the 'Mada.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Im not sure why others are suggesting aftermarket items.... I have just purchased a 2011 Armada Platinum.... YES the iPhone is bluetooth connected... but all you need to do to get your iPhone music to the car is buy an AUX cable, plug it in, and select your music on your iPhone... nothing needed to purchase or buy.... mine works awesome... thank you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts