Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, we have a 19 Armada which we love, but it doesn’t have one key feature present in most modern vehicles. Apple Car Play. This forces us to use Bluetooth which wouldn’t be so bad if there weren’t issues. My wife drives the car primarily, I have another vehicle. Her phone connects itself to the Bluetooth automatically as it should. 75% of the time when she calls me using the controls in the car, when I answer there is nothing but digital sounding static on my end, and the call drops as soon as I answer on her end. I have to call her back and she can answer, then it works.
We’ve disconnected and reconnected the phone, taken the car to the dealer for software updates, still does the same thing. The dealer tends to continually say that it must be the phone that’s the problem. But the phone works fine in my car and there are no other issues with the phone, which also has the latest software updates. It is an iPhone 8 Plus. Anyone else experience Bluetooth issues in this car? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
iphones have had more issues in the armada and qx si id side with the dealer on this. searchin these threads here you will see.

the bluetooth stack in the nissan head unit doesn't have every codec that apple use and sometimes when apple update the phones, a codec is added /removed/modified, etc. so it can be a challenge for nissan to keep up.

nissan used to have a page that would show what phones are compatible with their head units. they may have stopped doing this.

as a data point, i had my qx56 and its had several android phones in it. ive never had any issues with android phones in the qx. android OS is open source so the software is easily seen by devs who built the bluetooth stack in these head units. apple being in their walled garden, are not so forthcoming with info.

all this said, :) it could stil be an issue with the headunits bluetooth antenna, or even a faulty headunit.

a sure fire way is to find another model of the same year and connect the phone to that, or even go to a dealer and sit in a new model and test.

or you can use an old phone you have lying around if possible, or swap phones (this may no be possible :) )

the point is to get some concrete data you can replicate and show to the dealer.

if you can replicate this issue each time, it could be the headunit. if it only happens SOME of the time, it may be indeed the phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 19 Armada, and an Apple iPhone 7 and have the exact same issues with the bluetooth for the phone. Problem is it is hit or miss. But a very annoying problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts