Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2015 Armada SL and bluetooth connectivty was listed on Specs, Ive looked online and it clearly says its available on all trims, but when I hit Settings-there is no option for Bluetooth. Please tell me it has it and I am overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
if its not in the settings page as per the video, you dont have it.

you can take your vin, call any nissan dealer, and they can pull up all the specs your car has.

do you have 4X4? or navigation?

4-77 (pdf 278 of 510) starts off the procedure for setting up your bluetooth enabled phone for BT streaming. follow those instructions.

operators manual

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
ok its possible you dont have bluetooth streaming (A2DP). again call a dealer and give them your VIN and they can tell you if bluetooth is included. some models will not have BT. I attached the operator's manual above that will show you how to access bluetooth if you have it. its not "hidden" or in some other location.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
On the pad with the buttons under your screen, is there a "phone" button? What happens when you push that button? Also, are you trying to hook the phone up to make calls, stream music, or both? On my 2012, I can only make calls, not stream music. Don't know if that is the same for the 2015.

Keith

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
streaming music requires A2DP - this is different than BT phone call use. the video is really self explanatory , as well as the operator's manual. some models do not have bluetooth , whilst some have phone call bluetooth only. also i would think if one did not have navigation they would most likely not have A2DP streaming, but this is speculation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the pad with the buttons under your screen, is there a "phone" button? What happens when you push that button? Also, are you trying to hook the phone up to make calls, stream music, or both? On my 2012, I can only make calls, not stream music. Don't know if that is the same for the 2015.

Keith
No phone button.
ok its possible you dont have bluetooth streaming (A2DP). again call a dealer and give them your VIN and they can tell you if bluetooth is included. some models will not have BT. I attached the operator's manual above that will show you how to access bluetooth if you have it. its not "hidden" or in some other location.
there is not a phone button.

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
did you call a local dealer and give them your vin? or follow the steps in the operator's manual?

it just seems you dont have the feature. were you told this feature existed? did you purchase from a 3rd party or dealer? you said you got the window sticker - does it specifically lists bluetooth streaming?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
At this point, better off going with an aftermarket hands-free BT kits available that easily plugs into the aux port and/or 12v port.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
This truck should have Bluetooth, it isn't the cheapie model. I'm guessing it doesn't have music streaming. My truck is a 2012, which has the older user interface. Plus, I have Nav, which the OP doesn't have. Else I'd be out coming up with a step by step for OP to use. Anybody on-line with a similar model and year, without Nav, to help this guy out?

You know what I do when I can't figure something like this out? Get my teenage kid out to do it for me. If you don't have a teenage kid, find one in the neighborhood. Those kids will figure any of this out, without the manual.

Keith

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you call a local dealer and give them your vin? or follow the steps in the operator's manual?

it just seems you dont have the feature. were you told this feature existed? did you purchase from a 3rd party or dealer? you said you got the window sticker - does it specifically lists bluetooth streaming?
I bought it from a reputable Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership , which also sells used cars. So they had a window sticker and every Spec I've looked up says this trim has Bluetooth. I have yet to contact my local Nissan dealer. I left a message with the salesman Saturday and he has yet to contact me back. I have a feeling he just going to say, "Sorry."

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
ok that makes sense. its a 3rd party dealer who have no idea of the trim options. they probably took the stats off some website.

im sure the dealer you bought from is reputable.

unfortunately its safe to say your car does not have it. there are a couple different options you can use, from getting a bluetooth adapter to going full aftermarket if you want to spend the coin.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
If there isn’t a phone button on the steering wheel, then your truck is definitely not equipped with BT.
That's a good question.....do you have a button on your steering wheel with a phone symbol on it?

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
This is Nissan we’re talking about. The audio systems in our trucks are so outdated when compared to other manufacturers. It took the 2020 QX80 to finally have CarPlay/Android Auto and in typical Nissan fashion, still not available on the 2020 Armada.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts