Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Borla Exhaust

9K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  gmartin66 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried or heard of anyone that tried to use this system. I looked at one yesterday, and looks pretty good (I want the dual out). Any pros/cons to look out for??

#2 ·
R Mada said:
Has anyone tried or heard of anyone that tried to use this system. I looked at one yesterday, and looks pretty good (I want the dual out). Any pros/cons to look out for??
i'm curious as well! R Mada, how much was it? cat back?

#4 ·
Thats pretty high. Arent they really loud. I would go with the Flowmaster Cat back system its a 70 series muffler. Tame enough on the highway at cruising speeds but a nice rumble when you stomp it. You can get it for $400 from Summitracing.com this kit gives you the choice of side exit or rear and is dual exhaust.
M4ck

#7 ·
I heard the your FLowmaster with 70 series muffler. Sounds great.
I went to go buy from Summitracing but couldn't find what to buy.
I believe the Armada and Titan are slightly different?
Can I get the full cat back for $417 for the Armada?
Where exactly is it on summitracing?
Thanks

#8 ·
Borla System/good Choice

I have the Borla exhaust system on my Armada and it sounds mean, yet refined. It has a really deep throaty low bass sound, without that hollow pipe sound of the others I considered. My wife and 5 yr old daughter drive this every day and I didn't want it to sound like a farm truck that needs a new exhaust system. Plus the standard welded on finish tips (with built in sound baffles) look like they are cannons pointed at the guy behind you. Borla has great quality reputation and performance engineering, read copy and pasted ad below, found on www.truckperformance.com or go to www.borla.com , I got mine for $740 with shipping and installed for $50 at the local tire/exhaust store. I tow a '20 cuddy boat and feel the extra power and very little noise differance in the vehichle at idle and deep rumble as it rev's up.

"Borla Performance Industries T-304 stainless steel rear section systems are made for race, street, and off-road. Borla systems are built for those who want the absolute best quality exhaust money can buy. Engineered for maximum power with a distinctive sound that signatures a Borla system. Systems include a full welded case high-flow muffler and polished stainless steel tip(s). Complete hardware and instructions are also included. All Borla systems are backed by a one million mile warranty that covers every part of the systems including hardware.
Maintenance-Free Stainless Steel Sound-Absorbing Material In Muffler To Protect Against Burnout!
Polished Stainless Steel Tips Already Welded On!
Includes A High Flow Muffler(s), Tip(s), Y-Pipe And All Installation Hardware!
Titanium Construction!
One Million Mile Warranty!
HP & Torque: 16 HP/ 20 ft lbs Torque Retail Price: 999.99
Your Low Price: 773.49 "

#9 ·
Borla > K&N Air intake

Brian,
I also installed the split end Boral exhaust system -- your results and opinion are identical to mine -- love it! Did I read that you put in a K&N air intake? If so, did you get a bit more hp and torque? This may sound silly, but does that change the sound at all?

#10 ·
BRIAN B. said:
I have the Borla exhaust system on my Armada and it sounds mean, yet refined. It has a really deep throaty low bass sound, without that hollow pipe sound of the others I considered. My wife and 5 yr old daughter drive this every day and I didn't want it to sound like a farm truck that needs a new exhaust system. Plus the standard welded on finish tips (with built in sound baffles) look like they are cannons pointed at the guy behind you. Borla has great quality reputation and performance engineering, read copy and pasted ad below, found on www.truckperformance.com or go to www.borla.com , I got mine for $740 with shipping and installed for $50 at the local tire/exhaust store. I tow a '20 cuddy boat and feel the extra power and very little noise differance in the vehichle at idle and deep rumble as it rev's up.

"Borla Performance Industries T-304 stainless steel rear section systems are made for race, street, and off-road. Borla systems are built for those who want the absolute best quality exhaust money can buy. Engineered for maximum power with a distinctive sound that signatures a Borla system. Systems include a full welded case high-flow muffler and polished stainless steel tip(s). Complete hardware and instructions are also included. All Borla systems are backed by a one million mile warranty that covers every part of the systems including hardware.
Maintenance-Free Stainless Steel Sound-Absorbing Material In Muffler To Protect Against Burnout!
Polished Stainless Steel Tips Already Welded On!
Includes A High Flow Muffler(s), Tip(s), Y-Pipe And All Installation Hardware!
Titanium Construction!
One Million Mile Warranty!
HP & Torque: 16 HP/ 20 ft lbs Torque Retail Price: 999.99
Your Low Price: 773.49 "
Brian
I don't know if this will help but I have a Titan with the Borla system and it is great. I had it dyno'd at Borla and at an independant and the worst dyno was an added 14hp and 16lbs of torque at the rear wheels. The sound is great. It roars when you get in to it and there is no in cab noise when cruising. Put all that together with their warranty and I think it is worth it.

#15 ·
I have the Gibson SS Single on my Armada. Sounds good, quite at crusing speeds, louder than stock when you put your foot in it. It is a very high quality system, all bolt on. It requires no welding and you can install it in about 2 hours or less. I paid $475.00 delivered; you can buy the alumized steel system for a lot cheaper. I keep my vehicles a long time and feel the SS was worth it. If you do a search for the Gibson here and on ClubTitan you will find several posts, some with sound clips.

#16 ·
How is the Borla dual fitted on the truck, side or rear exit, and how is the left side pipe routed? I went to a shop where the muffler guy has 30+ years experience with high performance exhaust, but he couldn't see a place to route the left pipe without losing the spare tire from underneath.

Does anyone have pics of the system from below, or a copy of the installation instructions?

Last dumb question....under average driving, is it louder than the stock and, if so, by how much (best guesses accepted here)?

My truck is an 04 4x4 LE with big tow.

Thanks,
Randy

#17 ·
If I just get the Gibson muffler and don't change all the pipes from cat back will it still make a difference ? in sound?

Is it very loud??

I just want to replace the muffler but don't want it too loud as the wife will have an attack lol.
Can I get away with just the Gibson muffler and get a bit louder and deeper sound but not a huge difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.