Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone wants that mean growl from the rear to accompany the :machinegu "big Endurance" V8. Two nice exhaust sytems that I really don't too much about. Does anyone have any suggestions :huh: as too which I should choose or would it be better if I go fully custom.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
May as well throw Banks, Magnaflow, and Gibson in there for good measure. Can anyone rank them in terms of power, sound loudness, droning, sound quality, looks, cost, etc.

Thanks to everyone on this. :hi:

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want a exhaust with a nice sound and not a lot of cabin resonance

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
If you want a cat back system that has good sound without drone, plus good performance then go with the Gibson Single. It is a easy bolt on installation, and is very high quality.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I like the stock setup, but I've heard from a few of my friends that have Armadas and Titans that they like the Gibson single the best.
Duals look good but not enough backpressure and will lose low end torque.(but have better higher rpm hp)
But there probably is so little difference that its a personal choice.

I am planning to go Gibson single swept. Would be a great birthday or Xmas present. I hope my wife sees this post.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
do you have to change from cat back or can you just replace the muffler?
Really is there any difference?

I too just want a bit louder, deeper sound. Don't want to sound like a dragster lol.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Just had the Gibson SS Single installed today. I was going to go with the MagnaFlow originally, but it was on backorder for a month and I decided on the Gibson. So far I was impressed by the sound and have yet to push the Armada enough to test the added HP. I am looking into a CAI, but not sure what I want. Does anyone have suggestions on a CAI.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
masterwong said:
Just had the Gibson SS Single installed today. I was going to go with the MagnaFlow originally, but it was on backorder for a month and I decided on the Gibson. So far I was impressed by the sound and have yet to push the Armada enough to test the added HP. I am looking into a CAI, but not sure what I want. Does anyone have suggestions on a CAI.
I would go with the Volant. It works very well with the Gibson. The Volant is a true CAI, with a sealed box, unlike several of the others. In my opinion you are wasting time and money if you buy a system that takes the air (and heat!) from the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Heat03 said:
do you have to change from cat back or can you just replace the muffler?
Really is there any difference?

I too just want a bit louder, deeper sound. Don't want to sound like a dragster lol.
If you are looking for a performance increase you need to replace the Y pipe, as it is the most restrictive part of the OEM system. If all you want is sound you can just replace the muffler.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Volant. I guess it must have an intake somewhere lower on the fornt end of the vehicle to pull in the fresh air. I am not sure the Gibson replaces the Y pipe. Does anyone know if it does or do I need to have that done as well?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
masterwong said:
Thanks for the info on the Volant. I guess it must have an intake somewhere lower on the fornt end of the vehicle to pull in the fresh air. I am not sure the Gibson replaces the Y pipe. Does anyone know if it does or do I need to have that done as well?
The Gibson does replace the Y pipe, unlike some of the other systems. The Volant takes the air from the fenderwell, as the stock unit does. You can buy a ram tube for the Volant which takes air from the left tow hook hole, but it really won't help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts