Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for high quality rotors. I hate cheap Chinese rotors with poor QC and run out issues. OEM is $80 and Bosch is $100.
What are people’s experience?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
EBC for the win.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I'd basically take anything over OEM in the rotor department.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many miles have ppl gotten out of their stock pads and rotors? I’m at 35k now and just starting to feel a vibration when braking which indicates to me the rotors are starting to get to a point where they need replacing (I find turning rotors useless)

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I bought my Armada used with about 32k on it. Changed out the rotors and pads as one of my first priorities due to the brake shudder. And yeah, rotors aren't all that expensive so I wouldn't get them turned either.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my Armada used with about 32k on it. Changed out the rotors and pads as one of my first priorities due to the brake shudder. And yeah, rotors aren't all that expensive so I wouldn't get them turned either.
Which rotors did you go with?

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Which rotors did you go with?
The first ones I went with were R1 Concepts premium cross drilled/slotted rotors and posi-quiet pads. Unfortunately, I had no luck with that combo as the brake shudder returned quickly... within 30k miles.

I then went with slotted rotors from a company called Power Slot and Akebono pads. That was almost 100k miles ago and they still work great.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first ones I went with were R1 Concepts premium cross drilled/slotted rotors and posi-quiet pads. Unfortunately, I had no luck with that combo as the brake shudder returned quickly... within 30k miles.

I then went with slotted rotors from a company called Power Slot and Akebono pads. That was almost 100k miles ago and they still work great.
Wow that’s great life out of those rotors and pads. Do you recall what type of power slot rotors you went with? Was it their cryo treated ones? And which type of Akebono pads?

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Wow that’s great life out of those rotors and pads. Do you recall what type of power slot rotors you went with? Was it their cryo treated ones? And which type of Akebono pads?
I usually keep very good records of what I put on the Armada, but I didn't note the specifics of those.
I know I didn't go with Cryo. I also know that I got them through TireRack.com.
I kind of think the "Power Slot" company is no more.
I believe I went with just the basic Akebono pads. I did note that the front pads ran me $80.

I think a fair number of people have had good luck with R1 Concepts rotors, but due to my personal experience with them, they won't be mounted on my vehicles again.

I kind of think the "Power Slot" company is no more.
Ok, I just found that the company previously known as "Power Slot" is now known as StopTech.
I recall reading good reports of those rotors both here, as well as on TitanTalk.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help. Looks like Hawk LTS only makes rear pads and not front. Very weird. I guess Akebono it is. Still deciding on rotors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts