Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can an external amp be connected to the bose system to add bass speakers? Anyone that can help , please contact.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I sent him a PM, but I'll try to explain here as well. First you need to purchase the AOEM-NIS2 from Pac Audio. I ordered mine directly from the company but I believe they make you go through a distributor now. This unit ties in between the factory head unit, and the external Bose amplifier. Once installed, it takes the signal going to the Bose amp and creates front and rear low-level RCA outputs. YOU STILL RETAIN THE FACTORY BOSE SOUND THROUGH THE BOSE AMP BECAUSE IT DOES NOT CUT OFF THE SIGNAL. The unit also comes with a remote turno-on wire, but for some reason it didn't work in mine. (I had previously installed this unit in my 2003 Nissan Murano W/ Bose) I just found the turn-on lead for the Bose subwoofer amp under the driver seat and tapped it there. (It's green/white for future references.)

Sound quality is great and the bass is great as well.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
helllllpppp

anyone have changed the bose head unit on 05 armada with in dash navigation and kept the bose system amp :huh: ??????

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
ashkanm said:
anyone have changed the bose head unit on 05 armada with in dash navigation and kept the bose system amp :huh: ??????
Just my .02, but if you change the head unit, you should not use the Bose amp. If anything, keep the head unit and change the amp(s) to better ones. The S/N ratio on the stock head unit is not that bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts