Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drove '05 LE that was new on lot = had malfunctioning stereo on test drive so drove and bought '06 LE that proved to have same problem once left lot. Problem is that stereo doesn't respond to controls at times and presets don't work on stereo among other things. Anyone else relate same problem? Dealership says they haven't seen this before but I doubt I drove the only two with this problem. Now...2 wks later and still waiting on new stereo face plate. So much for that "new car feel".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
257 Posts
whitetail34 said:
Drove '05 LE that was new on lot = had malfunctioning stereo on test drive so drove and bought '06 LE that proved to have same problem once left lot. Problem is that stereo doesn't respond to controls at times and presets don't work on stereo among other things. Anyone else relate same problem? Dealership says they haven't seen this before but I doubt I drove the only two with this problem. Now...2 wks later and still waiting on new stereo face plate. So much for that "new car feel".
I haven't had your problem with my 06. Do you see the same problems when controlling the stereo from the steering wheel? If so, the stereo face plate could be part of a larger problem.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
whitetail34 said:
Drove '05 LE that was new on lot = had malfunctioning stereo on test drive so drove and bought '06 LE that proved to have same problem once left lot. Problem is that stereo doesn't respond to controls at times and presets don't work on stereo among other things. Anyone else relate same problem? Dealership says they haven't seen this before but I doubt I drove the only two with this problem. Now...2 wks later and still waiting on new stereo face plate. So much for that "new car feel".
Nope. No problems like that. First I've heard of them. How are the presets not working? Are you having problems programing them? Do they loose their memory after a few tries? Etc. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Nope. No problems like that. First I've heard of them. How are the presets not working? Are you having problems programing them? Do they loose their memory after a few tries? Etc. :confused:
When switch from FM to XM or vice-versa and go back to FM the presets are lost. Today new problem = have to turn volume up to 12 just to barely hear it!!! Dealership says the face plate for radio is on back-order b/c Nissan factory is having to replace their supply due to problems. Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Yep, you have a short. Probably just need a new head unit. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Short??

92TripleBlack said:
Yep, you have a short. Probably just need a new head unit. ;)

If its a short, can CDs that are in the unit be retrieved?? This problem just happened to me tonight. Driving along, listening to my MP3s and I hear a soft pop from the speakers and no more sound. Not only no sound, but no radio, no anything. Only thing I see in the display is the time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
Hmmm. If the dealer is installing the xm maybe they're doing it wrong on all of them they sell. Anyone know if these are true factory installs or dealer installed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
B2NKR1 said:
If its a short, can CDs that are in the unit be retrieved?? This problem just happened to me tonight. Driving along, listening to my MP3s and I hear a soft pop from the speakers and no more sound. Not only no sound, but no radio, no anything. Only thing I see in the display is the time.
Possibly. They will probably have to remove the player and then take it apart.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
58 Posts
My problem is the cd player. This just started. Sometimes it just stops and it might take a minute or two and then it comes back on. Then it skips and then it stops. Then it goes on and off and on and off. I can tell it's not the cd because the numbers stop at the same time the cd stops. And it does it on every cd I play. When it comes back on, it hasn't moved any. So the cd just stops spinning and then it starts again. Then I might go all day without anything happening. But, hey, the radio works great!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
CD Problem

B2NKR1 said:
If its a short, can CDs that are in the unit be retrieved?? This problem just happened to me tonight. Driving along, listening to my MP3s and I hear a soft pop from the speakers and no more sound. Not only no sound, but no radio, no anything. Only thing I see in the display is the time.
B2NKR1: Did you get this resolved? Exact same thing happened to me tonight while playing MP3s. Our LE's just 4 weeks old!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
My radio just went out AGAIN!!!

First time the mada was 3 days old. Now it is about 2 months old.

I fixed it though......unplugged all of the connections on the back of the radio and plugged them back in and BAM it works. Not sure what is going on, but it is annoying. We had that famous "pop then silence"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
dood i have the same problem on my 06 SE, i have been waiting for 2 weeks waiting on the face plate and radio (got it inspected, they said no power was on the face plate), the problems your having is exactly the same problems iam having, no nothing except the display time, my mother in-law drove my car and she said she tried to switch cd by pressing the number of the cd (6 disc cd changer) and it just completely shut off, she turned the ignition off thinking that would fix the problem and it just wouldn't come back on, this sucks, i haven't had my car for more than a month, like you said "so much for the new car feel" sucks doesn't it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
The power remove is a reset. The face has the controls connected to the deck electronically with a connector. This may be a problem, which is why they ordered a new one.

Remember, BOSE CD players are made by panasonic. No car stereo from an auto manufacturer that has a name brand stereo is made by the name brand. All are just licensed names they put on junk designed by the manufacturer and assembled by someone else. This includes BOSE, JBL, Alpine, etc. All junk. If you buy the stuff aftermarket, you get the real stuff.

And BOSE stands for:
Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

Its junk, both home and car. They just ride a good add campaign financed by junky cheaply built overpriced equipment. I just wish they would have let me had a stereo delete but they packaged the BLOSE with other options I wanted so I was forced to by this POS.

Now you know, and knowing's half the battle. Yo Joe!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Have a '06 Armada SE w/ bose system w/ dvd. First problem at 3 weeks old. While showing off to my brother-in-law stereo controls on steering wheel all of the radio turned off except the clock. Tried a quick fix by turning the car off and then on. NOPE. I ended up pulling all the fuses relating to the radio. 2 fuses inside, infront of front passenger, I think it's the fuse labeled AUDIO (10 amp) and SUBWOOFER (15 amp) and 1 in the engine bay labeled RADIO (20 amp). None of the fuses were broke, put them back in and everything worked again. Called my dealer. I was told that they have never heared of that happening to any owners and that the mp3 version is new for '06. Everything was working since then until this Monday. All weekend the radio worked perfectly. Switching from all modes.. i mean all modes from radio, to dvd, to dvd with only headphones, to the cd player playing audio cd to mp3. It finally died when we get to our destination (3 hours of driving). I was listening to CD (mp3) switched to RADIO then when I switch to CD the screen showed "PRESS EJECT BUTTON" that was the end of the CD player. Everything else works except CD player. Nissan will replace radio.
 

·
SHIFT_Moderator
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
armaDad02 said:
Have a '06 Armada SE w/ bose system w/ dvd. First problem at 3 weeks old. While showing off to my brother-in-law stereo controls on steering wheel all of the radio turned off except the clock. Tried a quick fix by turning the car off and then on. NOPE. I ended up pulling all the fuses relating to the radio. 2 fuses inside, infront of front passenger, I think it's the fuse labeled AUDIO (10 amp) and SUBWOOFER (15 amp) and 1 in the engine bay labeled RADIO (20 amp). None of the fuses were broke, put them back in and everything worked again. Called my dealer. I was told that they have never heared of that happening to any owners and that the mp3 version is new for '06. Everything was working since then until this Monday. All weekend the radio worked perfectly. Switching from all modes.. i mean all modes from radio, to dvd, to dvd with only headphones, to the cd player playing audio cd to mp3. It finally died when we get to our destination (3 hours of driving). I was listening to CD (mp3) switched to RADIO then when I switch to CD the screen showed "PRESS EJECT BUTTON" that was the end of the CD player. Everything else works except CD player. Nissan will replace radio.
With an '06 I wouldn't even have trouble myself wit trying to fix it or reset it.
The dealer better fix it! Good luck and keep us posted!
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top