Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks to Sgreenlyn for starting this thread and recommending the sub mod. Sounds awesome compared to the Bose. Big difference.

I choose to install using the high level input as oppose to the RCA. If you don't have RCA jacks and want to use the wiring harness that comes with the sub it's an easy install.

Reference Sgreenlyn thumbnail pics, the first post of this thread. The picture does a great job of showing how to wire up the sub. There are two ways to get input signal to the sub.

1. A low level input using RCA inputs, as illustrated in Sgreenlyn post. (the sub doesn't come with RCA jacks)

OR

2. A high level input using the wiring harness that comes with the sub.

I went with option 2. The Bose system on the Armada uses only one channel for input to the sub. There are a total of 5 wires that hookup to the Bose sub. 3 of the 5 are used for:

1. Power. (Red wire, thick)
2. Ground. (Black wire, Thick)
3. Remote on. (White and Green, Thin)

Now there are 2 wires left to hook to sub, One black and one white, both are thin wires. Not sure the gauge, but I'm emphasizing thin becuase there are 2 black wires in this 5 wire harness. AGAIN, reference Sgreenlyns post, he has a great picture how these 3 wires (mentioned above) are hooked up.

Now the 2 remaining wires, one black, and one white. There have been questions on how to hook these 2 wires to the provided wiring harness for high level input. The wiring harness provided with the sub has 5 wires. Of the 5 wires you only need to use 2.

There are 2 wires for the left speaker +/- (2)
There are 2 wires for the right speaker +/- (2)
One wire for a ground. (1)

I choose the left set of wires, you only need one set of wires. So I hooked the white Bose wire to the white L+ sub wire, and then Black Bose wire to the black/white L- sub wire. And you're done. You can hookup the ground if you want, I didn't. The other set of wires for the right speaker I capped and taped them up out of the way.

The sub sounds awesome, really glad I did the upgrade.

Hope this helps on how to hookup high level input with a Bose one channel sub system.
Thanks to Sgreenlyn for starting this thread and recommending the sub mod. Sounds awesome compared to the Bose. Big difference.

I choose to install using the high level input as oppose to the RCA. If you don't have RCA jacks and want to use the wiring harness that comes with the sub it's an easy install.

Reference Sgreenlyn thumbnail pics, the first post of this thread. The picture does a great job of showing how to wire up the sub. There are two ways to get input signal to the sub.

1. A low level input using RCA inputs, as illustrated in Sgreenlyn post. (the sub doesn't come with RCA jacks)

OR

2. A high level input using the wiring harness that comes with the sub.

I went with option 2. The Bose system on the Armada uses only one channel for input to the sub. There are a total of 5 wires that hookup to the Bose sub. 3 of the 5 are used for:

1. Power. (Red wire, thick)
2. Ground. (Black wire, Thick)
3. Remote on. (White and Green, Thin)

Now there are 2 wires left to hook to sub, One black and one white, both are thin wires. Not sure the gauge, but I'm emphasizing thin becuase there are 2 black wires in this 5 wire harness. AGAIN, reference Sgreenlyns post, he has a great picture how these 3 wires (mentioned above) are hooked up.

Now the 2 remaining wires, one black, and one white. There have been questions on how to hook these 2 wires to the provided wiring harness for high level input. The wiring harness provided with the sub has 5 wires. Of the 5 wires you only need to use 2.

There are 2 wires for the left speaker +/- (2)
There are 2 wires for the right speaker +/- (2)
One wire for a ground. (1)

I choose the left set of wires, you only need one set of wires. So I hooked the white Bose wire to the white L+ sub wire, and then Black Bose wire to the black/white L- sub wire. And you're done. You can hookup the ground if you want, I didn't. The other set of wires for the right speaker I capped and taped them up out of the way.

The sub sounds awesome, really glad I did the upgrade.

Hope this helps on how to hookup high level input with a Bose one channel sub system.
what did you find as best settings for frequency, bass and gain?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question if I had 2 of these boxes could they both be hooked up like this. I guess the question is instead of splitting the small wired to 2 could i split to 4 and split the power wire to 2 to feed both units. Not an electrical guy as you can tell. Thanks.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts