Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2006 Mada. Noticed that when we go over speed bumps even slowly the front end dives and bottoms out severely? anyone else experienced this? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
alangsam said:
New 2006 Mada. Noticed that when we go over speed bumps even slowly the front end dives and bottoms out severely? anyone else experienced this? :confused:
Are you braking? Braking into a speed bump is the worst thing you can do with any vehicle. You should be accelerating into it. Sounds funny, but braking shifts the weight forward and down, plowing the vehicle into the bump. Accelerating shifts the weight back and pulls the nose up. Coasting is also Ok. Do your braking before the bump and make sure you have released the brakes before you hit the bump. I go over bumps at 25 or so and barely notice them. ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
alangsam said:
Could you estimate the size of these bumps, height and length? I know my wife has no problem going over curbs.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Cillyone said:
I know my wife has no problem going over curbs.
Now that hurts. ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
horse race on tires

It is a horse race whether the sidewalls wear out before the tread. The main reason I bought the 4Runner rather than a minivan was the robust front-end. My kids have stories about "catching big air" in the runner when she has cut corners too tight across the curb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.