Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 BMW E39 540i 6MT

Found a rust-free 6sp V8 RWD example with 94,xxx miles on it, and had to gobble it up before someone else did. The previous owner did a lot of work to it as a hobby. He's retired, and fixes up BMWs to stay busy, then sells them. (must be nice to have that kind of time/money). I used to have a 2002 version of this car years ago, and regretted selling it... so here I am.

It's weird sitting so low again, after two previous SUVs. The thing handles awesome, and pulls like hell up to redline. 292hp/324lb.ft from the factory, but BMW has a long history of underrating their engines. It obviously goes much quicker than the VK56, and gets you to 100mph before you realize it***.

I've been digging through my boxes in storage for the leftover BMW tools and accessories I never got rid of.

I'm happy.

***(Obviously on private Mexican racetrack onramps only....)

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
2001 BMW E39 540i 6MT

View attachment 47892

Found a rust-free 6sp V8 RWD example with 94,xxx miles on it, and had to gobble it up before someone else did. The previous owner did a lot of work to it as a hobby. He's retired, and fixes up BMWs to stay busy, then sells them. (must be nice to have that kind of time/money). I used to have a 2002 version of this car years ago, and regretted selling it... so here I am.

It's weird sitting so low again, after two previous SUVs. The thing handles awesome, and pulls like hell up to redline. 292hp/324lb.ft from the factory, but BMW has a long history of underrating their engines. It obviously goes much quicker than the VK56, and gets you to 100mph before you realize it***.

I've been digging through my boxes in storage for the leftover BMW tools and accessories I never got rid of.

I'm happy.

***(Obviously on private Mexican racetrack onramps only....)
I used to own a 2008 550i M-Sport with the 6 sp manual trans......loved that car. When my job moved farther away from home, I needed to find something more efficient, and also something that I could drive in the carpool lane, so I sold the BMW to somebody down the street from me. Really wish I still had that car.......maybe I need to pay him a visit and see if he'll sell it back to me!! :)

Keith

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Very nice, great find!! (y)

Bet its a blast to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts