Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that everyone has made some awsome mods to their Mada's but this question is for the "big boys" that tow other toys. I am getting ready to add a brake controller on my Armada, but I am not sure what is the best out there. I know that there is 3 types of controlers inertia, proportional and timed based. I was leaning towards the Prodigy which is proportinal, but I also like the Brake smart. I think that its a true brake system. Why? Because it actually senses the pressure of the brakes throught the hydrolic fluid brake line. I am just not sure what to get. I've only towed about 3k pounds before, but in the next couple of months I will be towing about 5k pounds. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
!arni! said:
I see that everyone has made some awsome mods to their Mada's but this question is for the "big boys" that tow other toys. I am getting ready to add a brake controller on my Armada, but I am not sure what is the best out there. I know that there is 3 types of controlers inertia, proportional and timed based. I was leaning towards the Prodigy which is proportinal, but I also like the Brake smart. I think that its a true brake system. Why? Because it actually senses the pressure of the brakes throught the hydrolic fluid brake line. I am just not sure what to get. I've only towed about 3k pounds before, but in the next couple of months I will be towing about 5k pounds. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? Thanks guys!
No contest. Get the Prodigy. Its the best there is. Period!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
scr38 said:
No contest. Get the Prodigy. Its the best there is. Period!
Another vote for the Prodigy.

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.