Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still getting alot of brake dust on the front rims, even after the fix. The TSB fix was performed about three weeks ago and about 700 miles have been put on the 'Mada since then. I have to dust the rims everyday just to keep them looking nice.

This is driving me nuts..... :censor: :machinegu
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Did you get the new fix, which includes new front rotors and pads? If they just turned the old rotors they installed the old style pads, which cause a lot of dust.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Temp fix

blkjack said:
I'm still getting alot of brake dust on the front rims, even after the fix. The TSB fix was performed about three weeks ago and about 700 miles have been put on the 'Mada since then. I have to dust the rims everyday just to keep them looking nice.

This is driving me nuts..... :censor: :machinegu
Brake dust is a dead giveaway. You didn't get the new kit. You got your rotors turned. Problem will probably come back again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Brake dust is a dead giveaway. You didn't get the new kit. You got your rotors turned. Problem will probably come back again.
Or, they replaced the rotors and pads with the same old stuff. That happened to me in March, then just recently, replaced again with a "updated" fix. Brake dust is much reduced. However, now they squeal and make a grinding noise. GRRRRRRR!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Take a picture of your disk through the wheel opening and post. We can tell you right away if you got the fix or not. Judging from the brake dust, I'd bet you didn't.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
andy said:
Take a picture of your disk through the wheel opening and post. We can tell you right away if you got the fix or not. Judging from the brake dust, I'd bet you didn't.
Here are some pictures... Let me know.... Thanks
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59 Posts
Ever since I got the new rotor kit from the TSB, I have not had a problem with brake dust. Sure, there is still some present, but NOTHING like before. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dearmada said:
Ever since I got the new rotor kit from the TSB, I have not had a problem with brake dust. Sure, there is still some present, but NOTHING like before. :p
My boss got the TSB fix on his Titan a few weeks before I did at a different dealership in town, and his brake dust issue is the same as mine.

We are both frustrated. Me, a little bit more, because I like to keep the car clean at all times.

:temphot:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59 Posts
I know what you mean about wanting it clean and being bothered by the brake dust. Maybe that is why I do not notice it all that much. My husband is CONSTANTLY cleaning the Armada. I hope that everything works out for you. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
If you look at the first picture, it sure does look like the new rotors.
The inside of the disk has the beveled edge.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top