Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How can I get rid of the brake dust that accumulates behind the rims? It looks ugly. I bought a degreaser. However, the instructions say be careful with plastic parts. I had a Nissan 240sx years ago and I ruined the rims with a rim cleaner I bought at a local auto parts. Suggestions welcome. Or a name of a good spray since it is hard to get behind the rims.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
60 Posts
Meguiars

Meguiars has two products that I use and highly recommend. . . Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (5.99) and Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner (5.99). They are both extrodinary cleaning products and I use them give em a shot!!!!!! :excellent
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
Copernic said:
How can I get rid of the brake dust that accumulates behind the rims? It looks ugly. I bought a degreaser. However, the instructions say be careful with plastic parts. I had a Nissan 240sx years ago and I ruined the rims with a rim cleaner I bought at a local auto parts. Suggestions welcome. Or a name of a good spary since it is hard to get behind the rims.
also wax your wheels after washes

finally get the new rotors and pads (which you'll have to do soon anyway)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
220 Posts
I have the new brake system. Once they put it on, my brake dust went away.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even in 05

RKS said:
also wax your wheels after washes

finally get the new rotors and pads (which you'll have to do soon anyway)
Mine has a manufacture date of 03/2005 Should I get the new rotors and pads? I thought that the 05s were fixed!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
Copernic said:
Mine has a manufacture date of 03/2005 Should I get the new rotors and pads? I thought that the 05s were fixed!

Not all 05 have the newer rotors. I am not sure but I think late May was the line change. It doesn't matter because the dealer won't replace then until you have issues.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
AZARMADA said:
I have the new brake system. Once they put it on, my brake dust went away.
Now that you mention it, my front wheels have not collected any brake dust after I had the new brake fix done. I guess the new brake pads were redone too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
RKS said:
Not all 05 have the newer rotors. I am not sure but I think late May was the line change. It doesn't matter because the dealer won't replace then until you have issues.
The new rotors weren't at dealers for replacement parts until May. I would think they made it onto the production trucks earlier, but they were introduced part way into the '05 production run, not at the begining.I got mine around Christmas and it doesn't have them.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top