Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious how everyone was cleaning the brake dust that accumulates after a few days.

I live in Las Vegas and don't have to wash the car that often. :1245: I use a California Duster to keep it clean, but I have concerns about wiping down the wheels with a terry cloth towel to clean the brake dust. Would this scratch the wheels or should I use a wheel brush?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I wash it once a week. ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ricochet said:
I just starting trying Wheel Wax and it appears to work great.

The dust just rinses off without sticking to the wheel.

https://www.wheelwax.com/
Thanks, Ricochet. I saw something similar to that at Pep Boys. I'll go buy it and see how it works. :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
blkjack said:
I was curious how everyone was cleaning the brake dust that accumulates after a few days.

I live in Las Vegas and don't have to wash the car that often. :1245: I use a California Duster to keep it clean, but I have concerns about wiping down the wheels with a terry cloth towel to clean the brake dust. Would this scratch the wheels or should I use a wheel brush?
The brake fix is virtually dustless, well compared to the originals. If the brake dust needs to be cleaned I used to just wash my wheels if I didn't have time to do the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I just turned 2100 miles and noticed a slight shudder entering an exit ramp yesterday on my way home from work. I guess I'm getting the brake fix. I'm going over the dealership today to discuss and set up a date.

Then I won't have to worry about the brake dust anymore... :awesome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts