Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of threads on the brake issue. I know that there is a temporary fix and a permanent fix.

What do I need to specify in order to get the permanent fix?

Is there some magic terminology, threat or other method of getting the fix the 1st time rather than repeated visits?

G

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Nissan will turn your rotors twice, maybe three times before replacing with new rotors. If your rotors are out of spec, such as too thin, they will replace them with the new rotors at that time.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
scr38 said:
Nissan will turn your rotors twice, maybe three times before replacing with new rotors. If your rotors are out of spec, such as too thin, they will replace them with the new rotors at that time.
That and find a sympathetic dealer. Just insist that you didn't buy a $40K truck to have the breaks warp so easily and you want a permanent solution, extremely dissapointed, will be contacting your srtate AG, etc.

I hounded my dealership before they even admitted that there was a fix other than turning the rotors. I was 'let in' on the secret because I had been going to the same dealer for cars for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have been to my dealer 3 times now for rattles and just bought it in April. I left it there today for the 1st brake issue. Since I have been so "patients and understanding" there happen to be an "extra" set on the permanent fix. I should have it done by noon. Very lucky :awesome:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RKS said:
That and find a sympathetic dealer. Just insist that you didn't buy a $40K truck to have the breaks warp so easily and you want a permanent solution, extremely dissapointed, will be contacting your srtate AG, etc.

I hounded my dealership before they even admitted that there was a fix other than turning the rotors. I was 'let in' on the secret because I had been going to the same dealer for cars for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:
Contacting my what? What is an srtate AG? Who is up the chain for complaints? I need to get the right terminology if I am going to be successful.

G

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
brake judder answer

call 1 800 nissan 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts