Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a 2005 armada which was built may 2005 to be exact. I've been having the regular brake problem since the car reached 7000 miles. I took it to the dealer for the brake fix or the last update even thought I didn't take it before and they wanted to charge me for new rotors and pads. I tried to confence them that this is a problem with manufacture it self but they said they won't fix it under warranty after the first 6000 miles.

Now I need to know what to do toward this or who I should contact to try and let them do it without charging me. Noting that I live in the Middle east.

Better yet, did you guys pay for the brake fix or not?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Brake fix TSB

PITCH BLACK said:
Hello All,

I have a 2005 armada which was built may 2005 to be exact. I've been having the regular brake problem since the car reached 7000 miles. I took it to the dealer for the brake fix or the last update even thought I didn't take it before and they wanted to charge me for new rotors and pads. I tried to confence them that this is a problem with manufacture it self but they said they won't fix it under warranty after the first 6000 miles.

Now I need to know what to do toward this or who I should contact to try and let them do it without charging me. Noting that I live in the Middle east.

This is a problem corrected under warranty. Print out this TSB and take it with you to the dealer. They can't charge you for this fix. Make sure you get the new rotors on the front and pads and parts all around.

Brake TSB Link

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
PITCH BLACK said:
Hello All,

Sorry bro, you might be out of luck. Here in the states Nissan sent letters to everyone stating that the brakes are faulty and are covered under warranty until like 35K miles or so. I have had the fake fix once and the permanent fix done once as well....and that fixed ALL of the problems. All free of charge, no one here has had to pay for the brake fixes.

I don't know how Nissan in the Middle East is handling the whole issue, but it would have to be the same I would think since all the parts used were identical. I would go back to the dealer and make them fix your brakes for free, or go Jihad on their ass!! :D

But don't take that weak answer from them; it was a well known and documented issue with the early Armada brake parts.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
drcookie said:
Woow !!! So you mean if you put 100k miles on your truck in 2.5 years, the brake is still covered under warranty? Swwweeeetttttt !!!
ABBSSOOOOLUUUUUTELLAAAYYY!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
ggeorgie said:
I am still wondering as usual, does the warranty cover new brake pads as well. and re-surfacing the rotors. :confused:
The warranty only covers defects. Normal wear and tear not included. So if you don't have issues (like judder) then you may find it a tough sell to get them replaced. If you have brake judder, new front rotors and pads and misc parts, new rear pads and resurface rear rotors as well as some other parts.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
armoody said:
The warranty only covers defects. Normal wear and tear not included. So if you don't have issues (like judder) then you may find it a tough sell to get them replaced. If you have brake judder, new front rotors and pads and misc parts, new rear pads and resurface rear rotors as well as some other parts.
thanks, I am asking b/c now I started to feel the rotors grinding, no judder, and I already have the permenant brake fix. I will probably get the brake pads fixed soon and rotors resurfaced :eek: , I would never try to take advantage of situation like that, only if they force me to. ;)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for all the help, and yes I have the brake judder and I hope they will fix it otherwise will go for the Jihhad thingy :D ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Which part of the Middle East are you in? The Infintity / Nissan dealer in Riyadh knows about the brake TSB (and the A/C one) because I spoke to the service advisor about it when my Armada went for its first service.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
The warranty covers "problems" but the fix includes rotors and pads. Brake judder and warped rotors are the most common problem along with excessive dusting. ;)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry for taking so long guys :eek:

I live in the UAE. I took the car today to the dealer and now waiting for them to give me an answer. They said that they will check the brakes and what they need.

Will give an update on that. Again, thanks all. You guys are so helpfull :)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
PITCH BLACK said:
sorry for taking so long guys :eek:

I live in the UAE. I took the car today to the dealer and now waiting for them to give me an answer. They said that they will check the brakes and what they need.

Will give an update on that. Again, thanks all. You guys are so helpfull :)
which Emirate? Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm AlQuain, Ras Alkhaimah, or Fujairah? I am asking b/c its a beautiful country, and I worked there for 12 years. :cool:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Almost got done

Took the armada for her appointment and in the same day I started calling Middle East Freezone. They gave me the phone number for the person incharge of the service in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I talked to the guy named richard who knew what I was talking about and promissed me to get everything done. One hour later, I get a call from the dealer stating that they got the permition for the fix :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, I went to pick my car up and the statement says that they changed the front and the rear brake pads and reserface the rotors! Anyway, they told me that it wold be under warranty and I promissed them that I will bring it back if it has a problem. The car now feels much greater when breaking and I hope not to bring it back again.

I live in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, in Al Ain specifically and thanks for the compliment ggeorgie.

Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Brakes - what an issue!! I bought my Armada January of 2004. I had it three weeks when I was driving home from work and when I pushed the brake to stop at the red light, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and the car kept going! Luckily there was no one in the turning lane next to me and I jumped over there and pushed on the emergency brake which slowed me to a stop, with heart racing! Nissan sent a flatbed tow truck to my house and took the Armada back to the dealership. Two days later they called me and said they fixed the problem. I picked it up and it drove fine - for a week. I was backing out of the garage and when I pushed on the brake pedal, it fell all the way to floor and we rolled across the front lawn together. Again, Nissan sent a flatbed to the house and this time my husband went to the dealership behind it. I don't know what he said but the dealership was contacted by Nissan who told them NOT to touch the vehicle. They sent a Nissan representative from somewhere up North, I don't remember where and two Nissan technicians from California all came to Sutherlin Nissan in Atlanta where my Armada was. They removed the entire brake assembly, hoses and whatever else that goes with it and took it all back to California. They had my vehicle for 3 weeks and gave me a stupid rental car of some sort. When I got it back, the brakes were fixed, it was washed, polished and they even gave me a Gift Certificate for dinner for two! The only thing they told me was that there was "debris" in the master cylinder. I believe they were worried there was about to be a major recall; when I got my Armada, I never even saw another one on the road or anywhere else for months. So it was fairly new. Wow - but it isn't over yet. Since that brake job, I have had it back in the dealership 7 times in 2 years for rotors and pads. They told me, hey, at least I would have new brakes for free for the life of the car. I told them if you think I am going to bring this car in every 3 months for the rest of it's life, you are sadly mistaken!! The last time they fixed it, they changed it out with the new brakes and I haven't had any more problems with the brakes, not even the black, yucky brake dust!! Yippee! (They didn't know it, but I wouldn't have given them back my Mada even if they offered to exchange it for another one. I love mine, brakes or no brakes!) ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.