Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original memo. If anyone wants it pm me and I'll send it to you- it's in .doc format. Nissan is going to extend the warranty for the brakes 36 months/unlimited mileage if you've had the brake judder and repair. Read on:

CLAIMS BULLETIN
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
National Headquarters
18501 South Figueroa Street
Gardena, CA 90248-4500

Reference: WB/05-011 Date: March 16, 2005

TO: Dealer Principal, Service Manager, Service Advisors and Claims Administrator

SUBJECT: Warranty extension for “brake judder” condition involving model year 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles.

AFFECTED VEHICLES:

All 2004 and 2005 model year Nissan Titan vehicles.

All 2004 and 2005 model year Nissan Armada vehicles.

Nissan has developed new brake parts, including pads, rotors, and floating shims, that will be very effective in the repair of 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles that experience “brake judder.” These parts will also be very effective in the repair of vehicles which may have experienced the incident after an initial repair. Nissan is presently working with its suppliers to expedite the availability of these parts for use in the repair of customers’ vehicles, but the initial availability of these parts is extremely limited. Significantly greater availability is expected to occur during May, with increasing availability thereafter.

In order to ensure that all 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada customers are ultimately able to obtain the new parts if needed for their vehicles, Nissan is extending the warranty on these vehicles for “brake judder” to 36 months/unlimited mileage from the original in service date. All other terms, conditions and limitations of the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty will apply to this extended coverage. Nissan will begin mailing notices to all owners of 2004 and 2005 Titan and Armada vehicles during May of this year as parts availability increases. In the notification letter, Nissan will advise owners that the limited warranty on these vehicles is extended as it pertains to repair of a “brake judder” condition only, and that Nissan will correct the condition if it should occur at no charge to the owner throughout the extended coverage period. Sample copies of the letters will be made available to Nissan dealers prior to the mailing.

As this warranty extension is effective immediately, dealers should continue to repair all customers’ vehicles which experience the incident using the most current applicable Nissan repair procedure. For vehicles built before June 30, 2004, the correct repair is set out in Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) NTB04-066b. For vehicles built after that date consult the appropriate Nissan Service Manual. When the new parts become generally available Nissan will issue a new TSB setting out the proper procedures for making repairs with the new pads, shims, and rotors.

This warranty extension will ensure that customers continue to receive a timely and appropriate repair of their vehicles throughout the transition of production and increase in availability of the new parts. It will also ensure that any customer who may experience a recurrence of the incident after receiving a repair using the presently available parts and procedures will still be well within warranty and able to obtain the new parts as production and availability increases.

WB/05-011

The attached warranty statements include necessary owner information concerning this warranty extension. In accordance with applicable state and Federal law, customers purchasing new vehicles to which this warranty extension applies should be provided with a legible photocopy of the applicable statement along with their Warranty Information Booklets and Owner’s Manuals at the time of purchase.

No special claims coding is required in conjunction with this warranty extension.

Questions concerning this bulletin may be directed to the Nissan Claims Call Center at
1-800-258-7008, option 2.

ASSURANCE PRODUCTS DEPARTMENT

Attachments
2005 Nissan Armada
New Vehicle Limited Warranty Extension

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) hereby extends the coverage of the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty on 2005 model year Nissan Armada vehicles as described below:

 WHAT IS COVERED: If your vehicle exhibits brake vibration or “judder” when stopping and this condition is verified by your Nissan dealership, the condition will be repaired by Nissan at no cost to you for the repair throughout the extended warranty period.

 HOW LONG IS THE EXTENSION: Coverage is extended to 36 months/unlimited miles from the date the vehicle was delivered to the first retail buyer or put into use, whichever is earlier.

All other terms, conditions and limitations of the 2005 Nissan New Vehicle Warranty apply to this extension. (See the 2005 Nissan Warranty Information Booklet for details.)

NNA WB/05-011
3/16/05

2005 Nissan Titan
New Vehicle Limited Warranty Extension

Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) hereby extends the coverage of the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty on 2005 model year Nissan Titan vehicles as described below:

 WHAT IS COVERED: If your vehicle exhibits brake vibration or “judder” when stopping and this condition is verified by your Nissan dealership, the condition will be repaired by Nissan at no cost to you for the repair throughout the extended warranty period.

 HOW LONG IS THE EXTENSION: Coverage is extended to 36 months/unlimited miles from the date the vehicle was delivered to the first retail buyer or put into use, whichever is earlier.

All other terms, conditions and limitations of the 2005 Nissan New Vehicle Warranty apply to this extension. (See the 2005 Nissan Warranty Information Booklet for details.)

NNA WB/05-011
3/16/05

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Sweet. Glad to hear Nissan steped up and are taking care of this the way they should.....now if they would provide training to the dealership techs that would be great, imagine going to the dealership with a problem and leaving with it repaired.....ouch who pinched me :)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Good news, but on the other hand. For us who had the first tsb and no other problems will have an inferior brake system unless we get the judder. I haven't had it now for 11,000 miles. Kinda sucks they don't do a recall but I also understand why they wouldn't. With my luck I will get the judder after the 36 months is up.

Are the problems with the brakes related to people who tow things?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would imagine whether you tow or not. Brakes is brakes. I guess maybe they could argue that you're too rough on them or something, but it seems like Nissan is going to step up to the plate and do the right thing.

And hey, 11k without the brake problems? I'd say you're problem is solved. Let go of the fear man, let go. :1245:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
My Armada just rolled over 13,000 miles and the judder has returned. It was fixed at 7,000. I am currently developing a long list of squawks, and I'll take it in and drop it off for a week or so and let them have at it.

Luckily, my dealer takes pretty good care of me - and they now have 2005 Altima loaners :D

I'll keep everyone posted on the rust issue as well. I'll be taking pics of it today.

Drew

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
cfranzen said:
Good news, but on the other hand. For us who had the first tsb and no other problems will have an inferior brake system unless we get the judder. I haven't had it now for 11,000 miles. Kinda sucks they don't do a recall but I also understand why they wouldn't. With my luck I will get the judder after the 36 months is up.

Are the problems with the brakes related to people who tow things?
I absolutely agree with you. I bought my mada on may of 2004 and today it only has 3400 miles on it. since i bought it i've been customizing it and parked most of the time in the garage. i don't have any brake issues a/o yet but last weekend i took it in for an oil change and told the service writer to update me on the new brake parts. He asked me if i have experienced any problems with my brakes and i said no because of the low miles on the truck. He then started this Bs about if it happens we would resurface the rotors and send me on my way. we got into a big argument and told him that if nissan came out with new brake parts how in hell are you gonna update some trucks and others because they don't bitch are gonna keep the messed up parts. I also told him that my truck is only 10 months old why would i accept for you to start cutting my rotors this early??. by the time the truck is 2 years old i will definately need new rotors and then i have to pay for them. i also told him that if nissan is paying for all these new parts why are you arguing about not changing the parts??. it isn't coming out of your pocket. He finally didn't have any more arguments and told me that he will reserve 2 new rotors for me and all the fixings and will let me know when he receives them. all this is to say that if you don't make a case for yourself you won't get anything. :usuck:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Appreciate you posting the memo from Nissan. Good to have on file for future reference.

My brake problems are well documented with Nissan service. Last visit supposedly installed the bigger rotors. We'll see how they're doing in May.

Thanks for the post. And nice move by the moderators to put all the brake posts in a separate forum/topic.

Matt

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
~5000 miles, warped rotors. 10000 miles now and I'm taking it back in again. I've always loved Nissans. This is my sixth one, but this has to be the worst Nissan I've ever owned. I sure hope Nissan's fix is the "last" one needed. :mad:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Thank you SO VERY MUCH for posting the memo. So happy to see that Nissan is taking responsibility for this. This has definitely brightned my day! :1245:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Just called in to get my brakes fixed again

After getting the info on the memo, I called to line mine up to have the fix done (final one) since this is my 4th brake job and I just rolled over 20k miles. The service writer said they just got the memo and that they are waiting on parts and it will be about a week or so before they get them. He said there is going to be a backlog but put my name on the list. One thing I won't do is wait for months to be on a list since I have waited so long. I bought mine in Nov 2003. I guess it is whoever jumps the highest and yells the loudest. I hope the fix works as I am getting close to finally getting the bugs worked out. Not all but close.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey soldaustin,

I see you found clubarmada! I've read your posts over at Edmunds...

There are a few of us that are in the same boat- just about there with getting all the bugs worked out. Glad to see you've hung in there. I filed lemon law and got the "permanent" parts put on last month, and so far no issues. Rattles are pretty much gone, and the truck still runs like a beast (which is the saving grace)

If you haven't already, browse these forums and I think you'll find a wealth of information (including various fixes for nagging problems)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Hay guys i talked to my dealer and he toled me that there turning the roters now becas the fix is not working and thay are trying to figer out what the problam rilly is. :clueless:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update for everyone:

I spoke with the Nissan Arbitrator and he said the new parts were offically released last Friday, so ask your dealer. I'm sure they're in short supply but it might be worth a try!

Also the permanent fix is just rotors, shims, and pads. I was surprised by that. He also told me they basically just copied the design of various big brake kits for the permanent fix. That was prompted because I suggested they just cut me a check for $1300 to buy a Stillen kit. He could have been b.s'ing me, but we'll see. The last "permanent" fix I got was just the regular fix. Nissan sent the correct parts, but I guess the dealer installed them on the sales manager's truck or something, because I didn't get them. This time he's sending a Nissan rep with the parts in hand to do the install.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Thanks

My wife went in today to get a free 100 point inspection that Nissan was offering, and I told her to mention that the brakes at 12K miles were vibrating. Only then did they mention the news on the new brake product. My next step was to check the web, and I found this place. I regsitered as a user/member, and am grateful. Now I can share good/bad experiences with my new Mada friends.

Kindest regards,

Tom Fryar
Massachusetts
2004 Nissan Armada LE owner

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Tom! Glad to see you here. Feel free to post often and you're right, this is a great site!

:)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Interesting

adjmcloon said:
Update for everyone:

I spoke with the Nissan Arbitrator and he said the new parts were offically released last Friday, so ask your dealer. I'm sure they're in short supply but it might be worth a try!

Also the permanent fix is just rotors, shims, and pads. I was surprised by that. He also told me they basically just copied the design of various big brake kits for the permanent fix. That was prompted because I suggested they just cut me a check for $1300 to buy a Stillen kit. He could have been b.s'ing me, but we'll see. The last "permanent" fix I got was just the regular fix. Nissan sent the correct parts, but I guess the dealer installed them on the sales manager's truck or something, because I didn't get them. This time he's sending a Nissan rep with the parts in hand to do the install.

My "permanent fix" parts are on order... but I was just told 2 out of 3 parts are all that has arrived so far. Supposedly the new rotors are still difficult to get...on backorder as I was told. I'm not getting any happier with Nissan. Before my mileage reaches 36k I hope I have my "squeast'" (SQUEEKY ASS BEAST) all fixed. I am so glad I didn't purchase the QX56..I would have driven it through the show room window with my brakes just a juddering all the way. Would have to tell the cops that I tried to stop , but these damn brakes just wouldn't do it, the steering wheel was shaking so bad I couldn't hang on. Besides, I couldn't hear the salespeeps yelling at me because my roof was "booming" so damn loud. Just another happy owner of a early built 2004 SQUEAST.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer this morning. I was on the list, and my new brake parts are in! I have an appointment on 04/26 to get them installed. I can't wait!! I think I will take pictures, measurements etc. to be sure that the rotor is indeed larger.

Ken

1 - 17 of 17 Posts