Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had the "permanent fix" done on my squeeast (squeeky beast) done today. But the story takes a turn. My wife picked it up for me . She normally does not drive it. So she tells me that she took it shopping, etc and thought my truck was having transmission problems because it just wouldn't go. Then she realized that the service guys had left the parking break on!!!! ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME!!!! There was no brake warning light. The manual says if the parking brake is on, and the ignition is turned to the "ON" position , the the brake warning light should be on. OK, so after nearly losing it I thought about what had happened. She only drove about 3 miles with it on. Should I take it in to have them check the rear brakes and see if they are damaged????? They obviuosly are somewhat to blame. Could they have not connected somethig and now the brake warning light is nonfunctioning??? Help me out here fellas.......Mess

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Have you confirmed the warning light does not come on? I say that because if your wife doesn't drive it that often she may not of noticed the light. If it does not in deed come on heck ya take it back tell them about the light. I don't know about telling them about the short drive with the brake on though. If it heated things enough to warp the rotors you might have to fight for a warranty replace.....if it did warp though and you don't tell about the drive you shouldn't have a problem getting them fixed AGAIN.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brake warning light

Brake warning light does not come on. When the key is turned, it lights up. But it does not stay on to warn you that the parking brake is on. In most vehicles it stays on so you don't damage the brakes. The manual says it comes on if there is low brake fluid , a problem with the brakes, or the parking brake is left on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts