Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I thought I would share a quick story and some photos of my girlfriend's 2007 Armada. I always tell her to park in the driveway so her truck won't get hit out on the street (City of Boston). A police car involved in a pursuit lost control in our neighborhood and took out the rear of her Armada while it was parked in the driveway. Nobody hurt just property damage. The Armada was getting old so a month before the accident I cancelled the full coverage insurance (just my luck). Anyways, I had to put a claim into the city and chase them for just over a year before they paid us. This was during Covid and city workers were working remotely. I went a couple of weeks ago and bought and excellent condition used tailgate, rear bumper and left taillight for $600 at a scrap yard. My friend who is a body shop worker is doing the work and I am his cheap unskilled labor (ha, ha). Last evening we got the new parts installed and my friend began repairing the driver's side rear quarter panel/fender. The New England winters and the salt are a killer. He cut and welded new metal in place. The donor vehicle from a totaled 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid taxi cab. I guess technically our Armada is part Hybrid now (ha,ha). Maybe I e clean energy tax incentives or something. Here are some photos from the accident and last nights work. We still have a bunch of work to do including paint however we made good progress last evening. The vehicle has been off the road for a year and when the work is finished we plan on giving it to our son who will be getting his license soon.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel
Automotive tire Tire Hood Bicycle tire Tread
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Product Vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Well, you are headed in the right direction. It wouldn't have mattered if you had full coverage or not, they would have totaled it anyway and given you a pittance and in CA. you would have to fight the DMV and insurance companies because it would be a salvaged vehicle. Keep up the good work, best of luck

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you are headed in the right direction. It wouldn't have mattered if you had full coverage or not, they would have totaled it anyway and given you a pittance and in CA. you would have to fight the DMV and insurance companies because it would be a salvaged vehicle. Keep up the good work, best of luck
Thank You Tad Wicks, Yes, the insurance company would have definitely totaled the Armada if I had to go through them. The city paid $5,400.00 for the claim we had put in through them. They did not want the truck or title and simply paid the claim after a year of chasing them. My friend is doing all the body work including rust repair, paint and putting the truck back together for $2500 (labor cost only). I did a lot of work to the Armada before the accident so I would have hated to see it go to waste. I will update with new pictures next week after it is painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts