Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my '11 Platinum 4WD since May of last year. Today I noticed today that my front rotors are getting scored which means I need to do a brake job. This is when I noticed that several of my lug nuts appear to have been broken in half by some ham fisted mechanic. I can see the top of the studs but the bottom of the lug nut is still attached. I tried searching for this but I kept getting a 504 error. Is this a common occurrence on this truck? Any suggestions for getting the bottom half of these lugs off? I don't think I'll be able to angle a chisel that far down into the wheel. I'm assuming there's something you can buy like an easy out for nuts or something? Thanks for the information on our lugs nuts and advice getting them out.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God, I hope that's what it is. I'll have to look at it tomorrow and check. I've never had a car with broken lug nuts OR mixed types of lug nuts but there you go...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Just in case you need this info quickly, OEM rims (at least for 1st Gen) are M12 - 1.25, 21mm HEX Acorn.

I came to this info the hard way when I tired to use some Acorn lug nuts I just bought on the Armada today. When I tried to torque them down to spec 98 ft/lbs some did...............and some began to just spin. I think they are just inferior quality for the torque spec and began to strip, but I wasn't taking chances with the replacements.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Just put on my new Gorilla nuts today. The comparison with the original lug nuts are below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts