Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...would you add this option?....or do you think it will take away from the "look" of the Armada? I dont really like the one that Nissan offers b/c it doesnt have the brushguard over the headlights.

Any brands and places to buy it from that you can recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
presonally I don't like it that much...but here is a link for some brushguards for Armada http://www.autoanything.com/shoppin...issan.aspx?se=nissan_grill_guard_brush_guards

i didn't look into the site too much but hope it helps, if you decide on getting it. This one covers the headlights. Comes in powder-coated black or stainless-steel

But if ur gettin front brushguard, don't forget to get tailight ones too lol...i'm pretty sure it'll look nice..it'll give it a more aggressive look ;) but this is just a 14 yrs. old opinion..lol! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
No I wouldn't. Why?
1. Its not functional. It is cosmetic. I want something that I can winch from, not hang a couple fog lights.
2. Its black. Should be chrome/stainless
3. Its a hazard. All brush guard aren't structural pieces. In an accident they crumple onto the front end and you end up with far more and more expensive damage than if you didn't have one.
4. its expensive. Same price as a solid steel winch bumper such as an ARB bull bar.

When road armor or ARB brings a steel winch bumper to market I'll look. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I agree with TB on this. A minor accident to the front will cause much more damage with one of these light weight "guards". Same with the rear light guards.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
The Nissan Factory one is NO light weight gard, it bolts directly to the Frame, while I will admit that the Bars are hollow, the Frame of the brish guard is Solid steel, and It will take quite a shot to destroy one. and they do come with the guards over the headlights, just not Vision bars in front of the headlights, this was against the law in 17 states.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I don't like the brushguard offers by Nissan. It makes the Armada cosmetically look really bad. It looks like a water buffalo with horns on a black Armada. Save your money on valuable upgrade.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
F1_80s_90s said:
I don't like the brushguard offers by Nissan. It makes the Armada cosmetically look really bad. It looks like a water buffalo with horns on a black Armada. Save your money on valuable upgrade.
I gotta agree,I've seen one around town here and it is not quite right on the Mada. Maybe in the outback with some 'roo fur hangin' off it, or in Northern BC with caribou plastered on it, but there your talkin pure function! A bit rude, but that's just the way it is and why you'd want one bolted to the frame.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Anybody have any pictures with one on an Armada? I have one on my truck and I like it. Of course it's custom made diamond plate and is welded onto the frame. It doesn't crumple in a wreck. The other guy does. I speak from experience... :D

armoody said:
I gotta agree,I've seen one around town here and it is not quite right on the Mada. Maybe in the outback with some 'roo fur hangin' off it, or in Northern BC with caribou plastered on it, but there your talkin pure function! A bit rude, but that's just the way it is and why you'd want one bolted to the frame.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
jerseyparts said:
The Nissan Factory one is NO light weight gard, it bolts directly to the Frame, while I will admit that the Bars are hollow, the Frame of the brish guard is Solid steel, and It will take quite a shot to destroy one. and they do come with the guards over the headlights, just not Vision bars in front of the headlights, this was against the law in 17 states.
Still bends and even a small bend will cause extra damage. I had a Jackbutt rear end my vette. He left two dents on the rear bumper cover and ruined his front end with a grille like the Nissan one.
What you want is one like Road Armor, ARB Bull bar, etc. These are winch bumpers made from steel plate. They work with air bags and will protect the front from whatever. A Grand Cherokee guy had the ARB and an explorer backed into him in a parking lot. The entire tailgate and bumper had to be replaced on the explorer. The ARB didn't even have any paint scratches.
The guard Nissan offers is good for brush, hence the term brush guard. It pushes bushes, etc. out of the way if off road. It won't however stop a car from bending or damaging it.

Just waiting for one of these guys to come out with the real deal instead of the "look" but don't touch.
http://www.arb.com.au/arb_bull_bars.htm
http://www.roadarmor.com/ra3/toyota.html
http://www.trailready.com/bumpers.html

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Montag said:
Anybody have any pictures with one on an Armada? I have one on my truck and I like it. Of course it's custom made diamond plate and is welded onto the frame. It doesn't crumple in a wreck. The other guy does. I speak from experience... :D

Shoot me an email, I have a few pics, and have some avail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts