Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new 2005 Armada out for a little trip through the mountains this past weekend and it took about 1 hour after I returned to remove all the bug carcassas off the front of the hood.
I'm going to have to invest in a bug guard, no stopping me now,,anyone of you vets have some pictures of the different styles and brand names?,, Looking for the smoked version,, Chrome is a little too flashy for my taste,, and for ease of installation.
Pictures please!!

Thanks a bunch,

BWD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
That big flat area at the front of the hood is just waiting to absorb a rock.

Not sure what the sundown supper photo is, but you could string together a half dozen of those between the headlights and have a pretty nice bug shield.

Otherwise, I recommend getting the 3M clear tape. Unobtrusive, works great, and can be removed without damaging the paint.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
yeah, whats' with the cowboy TV dinner? BTW, I went with a bug deflector off ebay and installed it in about 10 minutes with the 3m tape. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
Will take your advise,, sorry about the pics,, have a retro "thing" that I can't shake and will always find the opportunity to display it!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
same here, very happy withit. If you can work a screwdriver you can handle the install.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
BigWaveDave said:
Took my new 2005 Armada out for a little trip through the mountains this past weekend and it took about 1 hour after I returned to remove all the bug carcassas off the front of the hood.
I'm going to have to invest in a bug guard, no stopping me now,,anyone of you vets have some pictures of the different styles and brand names?,, Looking for the smoked version,, Chrome is a little too flashy for my taste,, and for ease of installation.
Pictures please!!

Thanks a bunch,

BWD
The bug shield the dealer has is a good one. I have an 05 and I bought mine at the dealer. They are smoke in color and cost about $70.00 but you can find then on the web cheaper. They fit perfect and there is no drilling. I do not get that many bugs that hit the windshield.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Try Lund

I like the one I bought off the net from Lund. It installs easy and looks sharp. :bow:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I also bought the OEM unit. IMO the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
do you have a URL for Lund? Can't seem to find a link. I need a bug screen as well...

Mike said:
I like the one I bought off the net from Lund. It installs easy and looks sharp. :bow:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Got mine from Performance Nissan (www.perfnissan.com) for $60. Since that dealer is close to home (Duarte, CA), I drove over and picked it up, rather than have it shipped. Price at all other dealers in the area was $90. Snap to install (even though two pages of the instructions were missing), and works well. Still not sure about how it looks, but it does the job!

Keith

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I tried the Lund interceptor, it did not fit well at all. I'll either do the 3M clear hood shield or do the factory bug shield.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
BroncoAZ said:
I tried the Lund interceptor, it did not fit well at all. I'll either do the 3M clear hood shield or do the factory bug shield.

Mitch
I just put on mine today, and its an OEM Bug shield it fits perfectly, I paid $73.00

1 - 15 of 15 Posts