Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Cabin Pressure Noise

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Noellus 
#1 ·
In the suv's I've owned - no matter what make or model - when I'd put down one window, there would be a noise that can only be described as fluttering, and it's really irritating. I'm sure this is a cabin pressure thing as when I put down another, the noise stops entirely as if the pressure is equalized. Now about my Armada. Love it. But since I had a road force variance issue (that's resolved), I've noticed a small bit of fluttering when all of the windows are up. What's weird is that it comes and goes. When I'm on a little rougher road and accelerating, it's there, but when the road smoothes out and I am maintaining speed it goes away. If I slow down on the smooth road it comes back. So... I'm not sure if it's the brand new tires that were put on, or if there is a breech somewhere.

What say the rest of you?

#2 ·
#4 ·
So is this something the dealer will fix by default? Just go in and tell them the "booming" is occurring? I'm assuming it's a warranty / recall type issue.

#5 ·
The booming noise for my Armada depends on location. Up here in the Seattle area, I haven't noticed it much. But when I took the truck down to San Diego - the noise on I-5 in and around San Diego was pretty annoying.

My concern about taking it to the dealership is that it took three trips to eliminate the squeaks, rattles and groans from the overhead console - and the TSB for fixing the "booming noise" requires the entire headliner to be dropped.

Am I just asking for more trouble if I pursue this?

Matt

#7 ·
scr38 said:
There is a Service Bulletin (#04047) out on this problem. Look here to read the bulletin, then take your Armada to your dealer for the fix.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Armada/2004/2.htm

Good luck :)
Question about that website. Is that an official Nissan site? On one hand it looks like one but on the other it doesn't. I have an appointment on Friday, but my advisor said he knew nothing of the site (but cooperative still), and cautioned me that the dealership mechanics have
intranet communications with the engineers that of course John Q. is not privy to. Understand that I want to be ready to go for it if I'm told "No.". This is my first experience with Nissan and so far it's been great, but I've found as most everyone else that dealerships do have a way of skating out of their responsibilities.

Your help is really appreciatedhttp://clubarmada.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

#8 ·
Noellus said:
Question about that website. Is that an official Nissan site? On one hand it looks like one but on the other it doesn't. I have an appointment on Friday, but my advisor said he knew nothing of the site (but cooperative still), and cautioned me that the dealership mechanics have
intranet communications with the engineers that of course John Q. is not privy to. Understand that I want to be ready to go for it if I'm told "No.". This is my first experience with Nissan and so far it's been great, but I've found as most everyone else that dealerships do have a way of skating out of their responsibilities.

I would first say -- if they're using that line to deny you service -- you need to make me privvy to those communications....I would also print out that TSB and bring it with me...if I was having those problems. I'm going to tie my first trip in to the dealer for service in with my first oil change...so I'll be walking this road in about 750miles.... I have some overhead rattling issues as well...and I think my sunroof has too much windnoise coming in. Should be interesting to see what they do.

#9 ·
TSB's

Noellus said:

That site is not a official Nissan site, but the info is correct. As EightmanVT said, print the TSB and take it to the dealer with you. When I told my dealer about the TSB he said he had not received the TSB, so I gave him a copy. The dealers are much more likely to respond to your problems if you go in prepared with the details of the problem.

#10 ·
Why is it that we know more about current TSB's than the people who actually work on them daily? You would think Nissan would fax it it every certified service dept.

#11 ·
Thanks to all. I have an appointment on Tuesday and as the service advisor asked me to print it out, I already had. Appreciate the input and I'll let you guys know what happens. Sorry bout the spelling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.