Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
Looks awesome! Glad you could find the Nittos in-stock, those are great tires but dang they’re heavy! The stance looks good and I don’t think you can buy better quality than Calmini. Is it 3” front and back? Very cool-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks awesome! Glad you could find the Nittos in-stock, those are great tires but dang they’re heavy! The stance looks good and I don’t think you can buy better quality than Calmini. Is it 3” front and back? Very cool-
Yes, It is 3" front and back. I was able to find a set of Nittos at close by Discount tire. Got lucky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. It uses brackets that mount the entire rear suspension away from the frame 3 inches. This creates the lift. There is on Armada on youtube that is an install video. It should provide clarity on the bracket locations. On youtube, just type Armada Calmini. You should see it.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
Yes, It is 3" front and back. I was able to find a set of Nittos at close by Discount tire. Got lucky.
The tires fit good? No rubbing on the back side / inner fenders near your feet or the passenger's feet? And - from above, how's the ride now?

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
37 Posts
I put our Calmini lift on in the fall. I love everything about it. I went with a smaller wheel (down from the stock 20") and 295/75R18 Yokohama Geolandar X-AT's.

I love that the subframe spacer allowed for the lift without messing with the air suspension. I think the ride is a little firmer following the lift, but I probably from keeping the airbags fuller to account for ride height.

We're a couple thousand miles in and wouldn't change it for anything! Good to see another Calmini fan here!

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
37 Posts
The alignment is just inside of spec. I won't say it wasn't a job to get it there, but its there now. If you look REAL hard you can see just the smallest bit of negative camber on the rear, and only if you know what to look for.

The lift is achieved through a subframe spacer. In the original set up, there are bolts attaching the suspension to the truck frame. With this lift, new holes are drilled in the frame, a separate piece on metal is connected to the frame (the spacer), and then the suspension is connected to the bottom of that piece (the spacer). The beauty is that nothing about the suspension changes, except for where it hooks into the frame. All the forces and torsions and stresses that the truck would experience are still along the same plane. With a lift block/ spacer lift, all of those forces are subjected onto the bolts holding the spacer in place. I personally like the idea of the former rather than the latter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts