Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in time for packing up the truck for the long weekend, pics attached of a recent trip into the mountains with the Armada loaded down. Thule box on top. 200 lbs of lab in the back along with cooler and other gear. Three kids across the middle row and a wife up front. There was almost room for me.

First use of my tow hitch - to leash the dogs in the campsite.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Nice. :cool:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Armadaof1 said:
Just in time for packing up the truck for the long weekend, pics attached of a recent trip into the mountains with the Armada loaded down. Thule box on top. 200 lbs of lab in the back along with cooler and other gear. Three kids across the middle row and a wife up front. There was almost room for me.

First use of my tow hitch - to leash the dogs in the campsite.
Nice pics. My wife and I will be taking the 'Mada' camping in the Redwoods, mid July. Can't wait. I'll post some pics later.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
GREAT PIX....that one pic of the mountains is AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL! Your truck looks good.

So, did the Thule fit on the top as is....or did you have to get a bar for the Mada?? How much was that Thule and how much can it hold?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thule box fit on the existing bars - although I had to drill new holes in the bottom of the box. I've had to do this for other vehicles too and it's not a big deal.

I bought a Thule model that's now discontinued - spent $200-$300 for the box and locks. I opted for the full length box that is half the width of the roof - that way I can slide it to one side and still put bikes/skis/etc on the other side.

For this trip, I put bulky stuff up top - four sleeping bags, four bed rolls, four camp chairs, blankets, pillows, jackets, a tote bag of supplies, and a few other odds and ends.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Nice scenic route, where about was that area you went camping? Look very nice, they could use that picture for a commercial. "Leave the city but take your house with you" :D

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Thanks for the info.....I think I may invest in one of those THULIES! :)
Seems like they really come in HANDY!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Armadaof1 said:
..... and a few other odds and ends.
Code phrase for that xtra 6-pack!
That looks distinctly like Washington and then I saw your location so I figured my guess is pretty close.
Our first campin trip will have the Thule box loaded with about the same stuff.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Washington state - in the Cascades. It's nice to be able to fit everything into a single vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
weezr17 said:
Thanks for the info.....I think I may invest in one of those THULIES! :)
Seems like they really come in HANDY!
I have the same one. I like the long vs. wide because:
Less wind resistence=better mileage
Can fit my skis in it. Keeps them clean on snowy salty highways.
Easier to pack. It sits on one side so you don't need to reach across the entire roof or switch sides to pack.
I drilled new holes also. Good tip: Get generic rubber floor matts with heavy carpet and cut them and put them inside. Stops rattles, slipping, and puts a barrier over the holes from below keeping stuff dry. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts