Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Armada LE with the 6 spoke 18"s and just got a smoking deal on OFFROAD 17" wheels from Ebay and don't want to mess with the whole TPS thing on the 17"s. Do I have to disable something in the computer of my Armada, or what happens if I just put my AT tires on the new 17"s OFFROADS and mount them up without the sensors? Will I get a constant alarm?

Please advise,

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
You can't disable the system. You will get a light, and maybe the alarm for a short time. After that just the light will come on after about 45 minutes of driving. Nothing you can do about that; you can't remove a fuse without affecting other things, and you can't easily remove the bulb for the light. It is a LED built into the circuit board of the instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So am I better off to just take the sensors from the 18"s and install them into the 17"s? How big of a PITA is it to do? Am not familiar with the sensors at all, btw. I presume they are on the inside of the rim, making it necessary to remove the Crap Conti's to get to?

TIA,

ST

scr38 said:
You can't disable the system. You will get a light, and maybe the alarm for a short time. After that just the light will come on after about 45 minutes of driving. Nothing you can do about that; you can't remove a fuse without affecting other things, and you can't easily remove the bulb for the light. It is a LED built into the circuit board of the instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
The sensors are mounted on the end of the valve stem, inside the wheel. You do not need to remove the tires, only break the bead and push the tire out of the way enough to unscrew the sensor. Ditto for the new wheels, but you would then need to re-balance the wheels.

Keith

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Look at this attachment:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.