Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one for a ps2 system so the kids can play. I wanted to tap it into the cigarette lighter adapter. I want constant power since there is an on/off switch. so i would tap into the left side or maybe into the adapter on the back of the center consol. My main consern is if that would actualy be safe to do. I would also be charging my cell fone from the same adapter, and is this ok to do while the ps2 is on as well. TIA

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
bootyologist24 said:
I got one for a ps2 system so the kids can play. I wanted to tap it into the cigarette lighter adapter. I want constant power since there is an on/off switch. so i would tap into the left side or maybe into the adapter on the back of the center consol. My main consern is if that would actualy be safe to do. I would also be charging my cell fone from the same adapter, and is this ok to do while the ps2 is on as well. TIA
I plug mine into the adapter in the rear of the center console. No problems. If anything overloads, the fuse will go. Perfectly safe. The plugs are wired to give you plenty of power with this type of use in mind to begin with. Got miy converter from Costco for $20. Works great.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem doing this. I think there is a 15 amp fuse on the socket, which should be plenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts