Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan armada Platinum
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my currenty sound system. But the 2012 radio doesnt support bluetooth music streaming. So I was thinking on upgrading the radio to a 2015 radio. Any suggestions or answers.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I know there was a thread a few years back trying to interface the 2013 and later steering wheel with the 2012, and nobody was able to do it. I'm going to guess that what you're wanting to do won't be very straightforward. I'm pretty certain that you'll also need to change the steering wheel if in fact this will work at all. The differences between <2012 and >2013 was more than just music streaming.

Having said that, looking for you to be successful!! I'd love to stop having to use an adaptor to stream music through the Aux port!

Keith

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
if you go aftermarket you will lose some functionality over the stock headunit. if that is of no concern to you, then you have many options. pionner and kenwood both have some nice aftermarket headunits. you can also go "tesla" style.

a safe bet is to grab a 3.5mm bluetooth adapter to stream to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have yet to see the Tesla option on the Armada first generation. My buddy just did this on his Lexus GX 470. It looks so good but he has a lot of issues and features that he no longer has control of. He thinks he can sort the issues but he has not sorted it yet.

This option is out there, Nissan Armada 2008-2015 Single/Double DIN Stereo Harness Radio Install Dash Kit - SC2-RadioKit1162
This allows you to install a Kenwood or Pioneer unit below the factory unit while maintaining all functions of your stereo and OEM headsup display. This option will set you back $750+ also depends if you want to do the install yourself. I was quoted this option last week and new head unit with adapter kit above with install was over $800.

Cheapest option is Aux cable as mentioned for less than $10.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick to the aux cord. I just hate connecting to it. Since these newer model phones have no headphones Jack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do have an Bluetooth 3.5mm adapter. But for some reason the music sounds better with aux cord than the Bluetooth adapter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i do have an Bluetooth 3.5mm adapter. But for some reason the music sounds better with aux cord than the Bluetooth adapter.
This is a fact. I have XM and it has to be cranked up on all settings and still doesn't come close to the sound quality of the AUX jack into the phone. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a fact. I have XM and it has to be cranked up on all settings and still doesn't come close to the sound quality of the AUX jack into the phone. (y)
i know that why i was looking for a replacement radio for my truck.

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
XM radio is highly compressed. no dynamics, no sonics. not a fan of it.

not all bluetooth adapters are created the same, but if you are happy with the analog out, that's all that matters. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts