Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drove my Armada for the first time a few days ago. I have had her for over 3 months, the nissan not the wife and i told her she is to never Ever drive it again, she said i was crazy and it was a family vehicle.

do you guys keep your Armada off limits to your none driving wife. I would love for her to experince this vehicle but she cant drive 3 accident, 2 tickets and 4 flat tires in 2 yrs.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I let the wife drive ocassionally. I give her crap though when I check the avg mpg after she's been driving its down around 8-9mpg but when I drive it's 12-13mpg......(I wish the NAV displayed actually mpg's matched what I get which is 11.5)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
not really

My wife loves to drive her camry so I dont worry about it. She is a good driver ... but She dont really like my mada...Its to "big" for her...so I cant be more happy... ;)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
My wife drove my Armada for the first time a few days ago. I have had her for over 3 months, the nissan not the wife and i told her she is to never Ever drive it again, she said i was crazy and it was a family vehicle.

do you guys keep your Armada off limits to your none driving wife. I would love for her to experince this vehicle but she cant drive 3 accident, 2 tickets and 4 flat tires in 2 yrs.

She cant drive. I agree with you...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I don't even let anyone sit in my armada....

haha j/k No one has driven it besidese me. They are too scared to drive it. It's a beast!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
My wife is use to driving my Chevy 8.1 2500 HD crew cab long bed and my little Avalanche z71 so the Mada is a breeze especially since shes use to the crappy blind spots on the Avalanche. I mostly drive the Mada though.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Paisan said:
Hey Art, nice stable! You should come out to do a few track days at pocono!

-mike
one of these days I hope to! I think my next P-car is going to be more setup for track/autocross than street. its all a matter of time and money

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
When my dad first got his armada, he made me drive (college student 20 y/o) because of my long city-driving commute to work. He didnt want to take over 40mph till he put at least 1000 miles on it. Though even after I put nearly 1500 miles on the car, he prefers me to take the other car if go anywhere.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
The mada is our family vehicle. We are expecting our third child and I have no problem when she drives it. O.K., I'm lying. I hate it when she treats it like its just another car. cause it really isnt. i baby the hell out of it and she doesn't, which erks me :mad: . Like where to park when at the mall, work, etc. I wont park under trees, or in tight spots like her. i always keep my eye on the road. I mean reallly, I can tell you pretty much where all the bad spots on the highway are here in Sac. I was heated :temphot: cause she opened the passanger side door last week and hit the side mirror of the car next to us. She said it was just a scuff and would come off. After washing thcar and looking at it at an angle, it was a damn ding. Man I was pist off. Other than that, I'm cool with it. Its both of ours If anything else happens we may have to box :boxing:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I use reverse psychology and ask her to drive it all the time. She's very small at 5'2" 105 lbs and is intimidated by it and would rather have me drive it. Basically, no one drives any of my cars unless I'm a passenger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts