Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knowsome people have installed some amps to boost the audio on there stock HU and wanted to know if any1 could give me detail on how to wire it. Apparently my shiop that did the install cant seem to figure it out and If I can do it myself I could just be done with em. Anty help would be highly appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
what audio source are you plugging into?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
llajumpvid said:
what audio source are you plugging into?
I'm gonna sound like a bonehead, but what do you mean by audio source. I want the audio to be louder when I use the AUX for my DVD's/Ps2. The radio and wireless headsets is fine but when I go to play the dvd, the volume needs to be cranked up to 31 which is max. A topic below stated they put an iPod in their vehicle and was able to add the pie line amp to boost audio. I would like to do it myself since the shop I went thru is having trouble figuring it out. I even made a copy of your little tutorial about it in your link, but they seem to still have trouble getting it.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
If they already have it hooked up to the Aux then all you should need to do if connect the amp to a 12v source, and ground then plug the cable comming from the DVD into the "in" on the amp and then plug from the "out" to the wiring they tapped the AUX with. Thats it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
llajumpvid said:
If they already have it hooked up to the Aux
What exactly is "it" when you say that?

What kind do I need? I have two monitors, a dvd player, and an aditional output for my ps2. Do I need a special type of pie line amp being that i have all these accessories? I took my center consol off and noticed there was a wire hoked up to the factory AUX. He sd it would be better to do it that way rather than usung an FM modulator. What exactly did he hook up to the factory AUX

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
bootyologist24 said:
What exactly is "it" when you say that?

What kind do I need? I have two monitors, a dvd player, and an aditional output for my ps2. Do I need a special type of pie line amp being that i have all these accessories? I took my center consol off and noticed there was a wire hoked up to the factory AUX. He sd it would be better to do it that way rather than usung an FM modulator. What exactly did he hook up to the factory AUX

"It" is your audio. I don't know how they hooked everything together but if you follow the wires they hooked into the aux the other end probably has RCA's on it. Plug those into the out of the amp and put in set of RCA cables from where the installer had it plugged into and then into the in on the amp.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
llajumpvid said:
"It" is your audio. I don't know how they hooked everything together but if you follow the wires they hooked into the aux the other end probably has RCA's on it. Plug those into the out of the amp and put in set of RCA cables from where the installer had it plugged into and then into the in on the amp.
Ok thats sound easy enough. Here is the link below to the one I want to get. There are two other wires on this amp. One is red and the other is black. The red has some type of fuse on it. Where would those be plugged in to

P.I.E. LINE AMP PIC

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Cig lighter (the right one), the radio..there are lots of sources. You don't need a converter...its just powered by 12v dc. If you are still confused just take the amp to the place that installed your system to begin with and tell them you want the audio to feed through it. There is no way that someone in the buisness of installs is not going to know how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts